Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for any1 that still plays NMs you know how much a pain in the @ss putting together...

therefore im wondering if any1 has come up with a cheap alternative to making at least sonic blasters, blast masters would be excellent as well but are not as necessary.

note: please no smart ass answers along the likes of "well you should just stop playing NMs"

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
tau weapons have been used with bits of guitar wire, a couple of pulse rifles stuck together should be fine, for the blastmarkers you could use fusion rifles with other bits. They are all made of plastic and very easy to get hold of

·
Registered
241 Posts
I made mine from tau carbines with the gargoyle heads from the chaos vehicles at the end. For my blastmasters I used the psycannon arms from some grey knights (All with suitable slaaneshi conversion work too)
I have some pics posted on a thread here on heresy somewhere but I can't seem to find it, sorry

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
With mine I used normal boltguns with guard flamer nozzles on the end and the wire you get free from kids toy packaging slotted where the magazine went.
Blastmasters i used a converted hvy bolter and 1 with a marine plasma cannon with a few bits.
I'll try and find some pics later.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've seen a guy do it with a variety of straw sizes and some green stuff.
Probly cost next to nothing.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I used Plasma Guns with gargoyle heads on for mine and for some future Noise Marine squads I'm planning on building them into the arms based on earlier conversions I did with some Tzzentch bikers.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
How legal are those conversions for tournaments? If they are legal I might do my own.
As long as there using GW parts they're legal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
heres the pics i promised but it definately took me longer than a sec.:)
But yea these are low quality pics because i used my phone, ill post better pics later when my camera gets back from hawaii.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so heres a basic list of stuff i think id need

boltguns - check

black bendy round plastic thing - any1 have an idea what these are / where to get?

sprue? - for the "shotgun" look?

hard round plastic thing - it looks like a coffee straw, any1 else know what it is either?

potentially guitar wire - music store

1 - 18 of 18 Posts