Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm on the same boat. Much of what GW does makes it -really- hard to grow the hobby and start a club here in Brazil. But when the Finecast haemonculus I ordered came without the backpack/spine bit, I took a pic and sent it to them. It was 10pm or later.

Next morning I wake up to find an e-mail saying a full model blister has already been dispatched, free of charge. It came without any flaws this time.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
This might seem completely surprising considering how closed off GW may seem to their customer base, but there are good, logical, business reasons why they do almost everything.

For instance, GW doesn't focus on forums because of how polarizing it/we can be and how small a portion of their gamer population it is in comparison to the groups of new customers who spend the most money.

Conversely, if we consider the cost to GW to replace a sprue, blister, or whole plastic vehicle kit - the benefits completely out weigh the costs. First if you have any sort of proof of purchase to ensure you have just tried to scam them, then they have already made profit from the transaction. Second, you paid top pound/dollar/euro for injection molded plastic/resin (or formerly metal) formed into their proprietary shape. 6 oz of plastic and shipping costs are likely already paid for by the profit from the first model.

Ultimately, the cost for sending a new model to a customer is minimal compared to the good will it generates.

I don't think this should be all that surprising. But do I think recognizing that AND managing to be pleasant and swift about meeting those customer service needs is impressive.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Forgeworld do good as well....if in a roundabout way.
I bought 3 Hydras and recieved 6 left hand guns, so coudn't make the models properly. I called them, explained I needed 3 right hand guns, and they sent me....another 3 left hand guns!
So I rec-alled and explained they needed to send someone to the store room that knew left from right. This they did. However the person in the store room who knew left from right, could not count...and I got just 1 right hand gun!

At this point I gave up and now have 2 'unique' looking hydras, 1 normal looking one...and lots of spare left hand guns!!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I got finecast stuff before it was released because of an issue. I bought metal flamers of tzeentch and they were missing a set of arms so I rang customer support and they asked if I could go get them replaced at my FLGS. Went there and they had no metal models in stock so they gave me finecast. :D

One thing about GW CS is that I can imagine it's fairly easy to abuse. Get a perfect kit and just ring up saying that a sprue is missing and they'll probably send you an entirely new kit... I would feel too guilty doing that though as GW, for all their money grabbing, are very decent and very generous people.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts