Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the question says it all but plz dont make the point costs to high cuz i prefer to play smaller games

·
Registered
33 Posts
plasma guns, melta guns, LRBT, LR executionor
all the above things are very effective at doing exactly what you asked they slam marines hard and are fairly good at poping the rhinos and such you would see at this level.
- vet squads with 3 special weps all of the same kind (pg and mg) rock marines days
- CCS with 4 pgs tears marines to bits (ask the guy i played a week ago about his termie squad dying in 1 shooting phase
- LRBT ordinance and S 8 AP 3 make it a versatile piece of equipment

hope this helps,
Cadian440th

·
Registered
825 Posts
without knowing exactly what you play or what the marine army has in it, your request is rather vague.

AP 3 weapons at range,
Power Weapons in combat

is about all the advice I can give woth so little to work on. If you give us more details we may be able to give you more specifics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you might want to try a different aproch... spam spam sapm, bog stantad punishers are great fo this or vulture with 4 mrp ( with players consent ) or even lasguns and creed 4 first rank fire orders ...och

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Punishers are crap against SM, and why anyone would buy multiples of them is beyond me...you'd get RSI for a start throwing that many dice.

·
Registered
496 Posts
without knowing exactly what you play or what the marine army has in it, your request is rather vague.

AP 3 weapons at range,
Power Weapons in combat
NEVER take CCW's in imperial guard, its a waste of points o.e
is about all the advice I can give woth so little to work on. If you give us more details we may be able to give you more specifics.
LRBT's are really your best bet, one will cost about the same as a stock squad of 10 marines

also dont completely discount your lasguns, they have a low chance but with some luck they can pump out some wounds with a FRFSRF order in rapid fire range :D

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Generally speaking, to counter SM just look at the Weapon Stats in the back of the Codex and pick the AP3 or less ones and you're good to go...Plasma, Melta, ML's, Battle Cannons etc.

You also want AC/Lascannons to take out transports and Tanks if they are a Mech SM list. Pinning weapons can help as well.

Ha...I just noticed this thread is a month old, I wondered why it sneaked past me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts