Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, Im new to the forums but I've been painting for a little while now and I'd like to know your guys opinions on them. ALL C+C is welcomed :wink:

Hope you guys enjoy :grin:

My Tau with Urban Colour Scheme:

Space Marine colour testing:

Well, look forward to hearing from you :blush:

-Aracanid

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Welcome to heresy!

The tau I can't decide whether I like them....I think...I like how they are painted but not sure on the scheme (if you get me) I would like to see a little more colour, as at the moment they are jstu reminding me off the colour they come with on the sprue. Apart from that I do like them :)

The marines are'nt bad either! I like the highlighting on the back of the marine.

Some of your edge highlights are a bit too think for me, like on the bolt pistol. Just makign those lines thinner will make ti a lot more eye-catching.

Overall pretty good! Love to see some more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, cheers man. I was thinking I had done some of it a bit thick but thought it looked fine. In future, ill make them as thin as i possibly can! Ill try and find some more colours for the Tau, however I may be moving to Eldar soon, so might just keep my bright colors for those guys ^^

I was thinking the red needs to be a deeper red on the marine atm though, and Ive been trying out a few. some pics soon

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
They look good, i had a friend with Tau in a similar scheme. His dog ruined the models :(. when he replaced and repainted them he created these. and they look so much better with a brighter colour as a contrast.

The only minor thing i would pick out is that it looks like you have layered the paint on a litle thick. It's nearly impossible to make out te details onsome of the tau and you must have realised this because you seem to have painted them back in. I'd advise using a couple of lighter coats of colour and you'll keep a lot more origional detail which will make highlighting and shading masses easier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I must admit my basecoats were a tad thick at times sadly, still getting the hang off everything. I will make a special note to do that for any future models, and ill try and perhaps get a few done this weekend if I have time. I was thinking of switching to Vajello paints actually, does anyone know if theyre any good compared to the GW paints?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Yeah, I must admit my basecoats were a tad thick at times sadly, still getting the hang off everything. I will make a special note to do that for any future models, and ill try and perhaps get a few done this weekend if I have time. I was thinking of switching to Vajello paints actually, does anyone know if theyre any good compared to the GW paints?
Vallejo paints are on par with GW paints, loads of people swear by them, personally i dont like the droppers as i i only use minute amounts at a time and like the advantage of a tiny brush dip into a gw pot lid rather than having to unscrew a top and get a drop on to my pallete only to waste most of it, but you get more paint for your money so i suppose it balances out, i also forget to screw the lid back on the dropper and spend ages looking for it.

Im of the opinion that pretty much all paints are suitable for the job, and unless your getting paid to paint a model or entering golden deamon there isnt much to separate the bunch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts