Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i promised in my introduction here's a few pictures of some of what I've painted up. Please feel free to leave comments and criticism (constructive). Id like to get some input from those who are much better at painting than i am.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lovin it, very nicely done with black and white.... which are as hard to paint together as black and white :)

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
As i promised in my introduction here's a few pictures of some of what I've painted up. Please feel free to leave comments and criticism (constructive). Id like to get some input from those who are much better at painting than i am.
I have no constructive criticism because those are awesome. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
The models look pretty good. The paint schemes are clean and work well. I do have a couple of small things you can try to add to them (though hitting the models with a wash is extremely up to you and not mandatory, that's often a personal taste thing on how clean the armour is):

For the scouts I'd hit them with a matte clear coat to dull down the shine if they have that shine in real life. It'll take a bit of the "plastic" look out of them that a shinier paint job can have sometimes.

As for the silver armour, have you considered hitting it with a wash to give it a dirtier or more worn look around the joints? I'm not saying it's something you have to do, but it's something that can add a bit more to the minatures.

Okay, I lied, the only other possible recommendation would be to go in with a dark grey and a slightly lighter grey and edge highlight the black in the shoulder pads. Lay down the dark grey first, then in a thinner, lighter line do the lighter grey next to the yellow. It adds a bit to the model.

All in all though these are good looking models and you can freely ignore everything I said.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys. I will say that the reason they are glossy is because i use a gloss glazing medium instead of dullcotte or purity seal. its a bit rubbery once its hardened and tends to help avoid getting dings into the model. I also need to take some clearer pictures found out my camera is about to die (its survived 3 year long trips to iraq so its about time). As for my vehicles I will probably be redoing them in the near future as they were done years ago(the chaplain actually was as well). but i appreciate the comments. I will be keeping them in mind when i redo the chaplain and vehicles.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think they look great. I especially like the contrast of the cloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts