Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
I've got to say, the 2nd list idea looks a lot better. It looks down right brutal in my opinion and should be able to pretty well handle most of the big threats.

I can't comment much on the first list as I have yet to use the toxicrene or spore pods so I'm at a loss of how effective they can be.

· Registered
467 Posts
I can understand the frustration with wraithknights, however, I'm not sold the toxicrene really deals with them. Let alone actually getting within 12 of the damn things to shoot it or assault it, I don't feel like you have enough attacks to reliably get a 6 to insta-kill them. However, list 2 is almost completely in the air or doesn't care about the wraithknights. You also have enough hay-wire to deal with a couple of knights, vecto-striking and a ton of TL shooting to deal with invisible units, and the speed to keep up with the quickest enemies. I prefer the flyrant with gargoyles trying to instant death a wraithknight over the toxicrene and friends. Sure, the whole formation has instant death capabilities but I don't put too much stock in the venomthropes doing either or the flyrant switching flight modes and sitting for a turn either. That's my two cents. However, as I haven't run the formation I am only speaking theoretically and if you have the chance to play test both lists I would do that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.