Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW

It's been about 2 years since I was last on here....:shok:

Long story short- wanting to test the waters for potential Nid lists to take to ETC this summer (so no FW allowed, 1850pts, 2 detachments only), 2 current ideas that I'd love feedback on-

List 1- Tyranid Hive fleet Leviathan detachment with Tyranid Hypertoxic node formation ally- 1850pts

Hive Tyrant- Wings, Electroshock grubs, 2x TL devourers

3 Ripper swarms- Deep strike
Mucolid spore
Mucolid spore
Mucolid spore

Biovore brood- 3 Biovores
Carnifex- 2 TL devourers, Spine Banks

Tyrannocyte
Tyrannocyte

Hive Tyrant- Wings, Electroshock grubs, TL devourers, The Miasma Cannon, Toxin sacs
2 Venomthropes
Venomthrope
Venomthrope

Toxicrene

List 2- Tyranid Hive fleet Leviathan detachment with Skytyrant allies

Venomthrope
Venomthrope
Venomthrope

3 Ripper swarms- Deep strike
Mucolid spore
Mucolid spore

Hive Crone
Hive Crone
Hive Crone

Hive Tyrant- Wings, Lashwhip and Bonesword, scything talons, electroshock grubs, Maw-claws of Thyrax, Adrenal glands
25 Gargoyles- Adrenal glands

Any and all comments appreciated!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've got to say, the 2nd list idea looks a lot better. It looks down right brutal in my opinion and should be able to pretty well handle most of the big threats.

I can't comment much on the first list as I have yet to use the toxicrene or spore pods so I'm at a loss of how effective they can be.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
very interesting lists here, have not experimented with the new non-force org lists and am sticking to tradition, but list 1 needs more models. List 2 wins because of the gargoyles.

and hive crones are awesome

xD

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got to say, the 2nd list idea looks a lot better. It looks down right brutal in my opinion and should be able to pretty well handle most of the big threats.

I can't comment much on the first list as I have yet to use the toxicrene or spore pods so I'm at a loss of how effective they can be.
Too be fair I haven't used a toxicrene yet, sort of working off the theoretical potential :good: one thing I've struggled with in most lists is Wraithknights, so the threat of a 2+ poisoned MC with ID on a 5 or 6 is enough to put some fear into them

The spore pods I've used quite a bit since they came out- they are ok, don't do much by themselves (although some people forget they can claim objectives) but the stuff they deliver does the damage

very interesting lists here, have not experimented with the new non-force org lists and am sticking to tradition, but list 1 needs more models. List 2 wins because of the gargoyles.

and hive crones are awesome

xD
You may well be right on list 1, I'm sort of banking on having 7 MCs and so much shrouded on the board to keep things alive but ill concede that isn't great against the likes of Tau or Eldar

I was running CAD for a while but since I've moved to Leviathan I haven't looked back :grin: 3 tyrants is dirty good, 4 is just fun lol

Cheers for the feedback, hoping to get a game or 2 in with both lists over the weekend and next week so I'll post up how they go

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can understand the frustration with wraithknights, however, I'm not sold the toxicrene really deals with them. Let alone actually getting within 12 of the damn things to shoot it or assault it, I don't feel like you have enough attacks to reliably get a 6 to insta-kill them. However, list 2 is almost completely in the air or doesn't care about the wraithknights. You also have enough hay-wire to deal with a couple of knights, vecto-striking and a ton of TL shooting to deal with invisible units, and the speed to keep up with the quickest enemies. I prefer the flyrant with gargoyles trying to instant death a wraithknight over the toxicrene and friends. Sure, the whole formation has instant death capabilities but I don't put too much stock in the venomthropes doing either or the flyrant switching flight modes and sitting for a turn either. That's my two cents. However, as I haven't run the formation I am only speaking theoretically and if you have the chance to play test both lists I would do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts