Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks i might of posted these before long long ago but i really dont remember! so here are a few things from some of the armies im still working on!

My New Eldar Color Scheme
----------------------------

(Guardians are not done)

======

Trygon Prime (Mr.pinchy!)
=========

Tzeench Demon Prince
================

SAURON THE LORD OF THE RING! (because i can!)
==========================

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Some nice models, although Im not sure about the green/purle combination on the eldar. The combination doesnt seem to work for me.

Sauron looks good with a good metalic paint job.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I like the pink robes of your farseer. Nicely done. I quit like the paint scheme of your Eldar. Could you lighten the purple with a slightly less deep shade and then do over in successive layers each getting further and further from the edge all the while adding a bit of water here and there to keep the mix thin?

I ask this because I tried this on ultramarines blue which was too deep and mixed in enchanted blue into it a bit for a few more layers and it looks pretty ok by me. Nice work though so far!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Your Eldar are looking nice, could use a bit of shading but the colors work well together. The avatar looks fantastic, though the horns could use a bit more highlighting. All in all going well, you just need to cast overrun on your guardians. Seriously, 6/6 at I 4 is pretty nice, but where are you going to get the mana?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sweet work!

I would recommend putting some blue ink/wash in the recesses on your tank, it would help make the green and purple more distinct and make the blue more noticeable (it's a bit too similar to the rest of it). On the infantry it works great, love to see those finished but on the tank as others have said the colours are a bit too similar. The blue wash will help create a more solid line between the colours. Nice idea about the blue recesses though!

That Avatar looks awesome, as does Trygorn.

I would also have to agree with Vali ThunderAxe, if you tone down the highlight on Sauron it would look a lot better. I would also advise maybe a bit of a black/brown wash in the recesses as there isn't much shading on the armour and it could really use it I think.

Really good models though!

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet work!

I would recommend putting some blue ink/wash in the recesses on your tank, it would help make the green and purple more distinct and make the blue more noticeable (it's a bit too similar to the rest of it). On the infantry it works great, love to see those finished but on the tank as others have said the colours are a bit too similar. The blue wash will help create a more solid line between the colours. Nice idea about the blue recesses though!

That Avatar looks awesome, as does Trygorn.

I would also have to agree with Vali ThunderAxe, if you tone down the highlight on Sauron it would look a lot better. I would also advise maybe a bit of a black/brown wash in the recesses as there isn't much shading on the armour and it could really use it I think.

Really good models though!
Ill try the wash on the tank when i have some time and start the other two as well.....(nightspinner and serpent) As for Sauron he looks much diffrent in person his armor changes color to gold in bright lights but other wise looks pretty Boltgunish. The Cloak is the same way for some reason it just stands out way more with my crappy camera D:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok, fair enough. Do you reckon you could get a better picture of Sauron then? I'd like to see what he REALLY looks like.

Look forward to seeing the tank :biggrin:

·
Registered
164 Posts
wow :D, first thing i thought when i seen the colors on the tank was of the barrets blackcurant and apple sweet wrapers from the UK lol :p

I like the look of the models, thats one mixed collection :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sauron is my favourite of the bunch. Thumbs up from me. nice job:eek:k:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Love the work you have done on the farseer, nice looking model. I agree with the wash on the tank. I cannot comment on colors as i am a chaos man, all blood reds blacks and bones etc. Don't usually deal with pastels.
The avatar. I rekon you photos let you down on this one. Looks really well painted but the lighting has not helped you.
Sauron, he is just cool. He is like vader, epic movie bad guy.
Repworthy.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the work you have done on the farseer, nice looking model. I agree with the wash on the tank. I cannot comment on colors as i am a chaos man, all blood reds blacks and bones etc. Don't usually deal with pastels.
The avatar. I rekon you photos let you down on this one. Looks really well painted but the lighting has not helped you.
Sauron, he is just cool. He is like vader, epic movie bad guy.
Repworthy.
Thanks man, All my army has Holo-fields on anything that can take them so the teal is there to represent that plus it looks MUCH better in person.

Also i agree that the Avatar pictures arnt the best im going to have a buddy of mine take some good photo's of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts