Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, not sure if I'm doing this right but I'm giving it a try (first time I've posted a pic on here).
I'd like to note this first: These are all minis that were sent to me in the Mini bash exchange. Thanks Starbuck!
Up first is the Steel Legion Commisar. His pics were kinda hard to see, oh well.
Next up is the Enginseer. This one I loved painting for some reason. Tried out some new things with him: Highlighting and heavy wash's. Really avoided wash's cause for some reason, I just didnt get it. Now I do!
And last is a Ratling from the Ratlings blister Starbuck sent. He's not even close to being done, but I wanted to include cause I'm so freakin proud of myself! That was the first time I've tried wetblending and I love the way his camo looks! Next to him is the first 40k model I ever painted, and ironically, he was done in a camo theme as well (snow camo). I am now going to go back through and re-do all of my camo themed IG's now. Now that I know the basics of wetblending I KNOW I can do better with them!

P.S.
C&C welcome of course! I'm happy with how they are at this point, but am always willing to learn where I can do better!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Dont know what it was about these models, but for some reason I felt the need to try things I hadnt tried before. Whatever it was brought my painting from "meh" to "hey, not bad!" lol. For some reason I had it in my head that medal mini's were gonna be a bitch. I was pleasantly surprised!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I like the techpriest. Textbook paintjob. Very nice. The photo of the commisar was not as good so i am not sure. Rep for the cogboy

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My camera will take a awesome pic of a ant at 500 yards, but 1-2 feet away? Blury ass pics of mini's. I'm looking for my mini tripod so I can take some better ones, atleast I'm hoping that'll help. The techpriest front shot (the good front shot) was done outside as a tester. Might just do them all out side. I'll get some better pics tho!
Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, a nicely painted techpriest if I ever saw one. I think in minis that you haven't actually bought its easier to try new things. I had a bash at highlighting on some marines I had in a box for ages and I wouldn't have tried it out if I had been out and bought them recently. +rep

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the comments and rep everyone! Worked the last two days so havnt had a chance to work on pics or painting. Will be doing some more of both over the next coupla days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts