Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got backin into wh40k after taking a year off and discovered by beloved chaos has got a new codex.

1}.The rules for bikes no longer have the spikes that confer the extra cc attack, but its says in their equptment they have both a close combat weapon and a pistol. Does that count for an extra attack giving them 2? if not i think the bikes took a serious blow there.

2}.Also if i have a chaos lord with the mark of khorne he has 4 attacks, now with 2x lightning claws added does he now get 5 attacks because of the pair of claws?

3}. Along the same lines, an Aspring Champ with pwr fist / pistol, Does he get 3 Attacks as a base or 2>?

4}. What about the power gift of chaos? Is it as good in play as it looks on paper. I honestly dont see any downside to taking this ability since You can use it in hth combat and turn enemy units into Spawns for you. Targeting and eliminating Pwr Fst wielders. Plus the new models for the spawns are pretty nasty

5}. there is no rule stating you cant take both a chaos lord & a Daemon prince, right?

haha, havocs cant have Tank Hunters anymore. looks like my 4x auto cannon squad will be sitting on the bench a whole lot. That really kills that Unit.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
1}.The rules for bikes no longer have the spikes that confer the extra cc attack, but its says in their equptment they have both a close combat weapon and a pistol. Does that count for an extra attack giving them 2? if not i think the bikes took a serious blow there.
Yes, so they are pretty much the same as before. 2 attacks each.

2}.Also if i have a chaos lord with the mark of khorne he has 4 attacks, now with 2x lightning claws added does he now get 5 attacks because of the pair of claws?
Yes. 3 attacks basic, +1 for MoK, +1 for 2 hand weapons. On the charge he gets 6.

3}. Along the same lines, an Aspring Champ with pwr fist / pistol, Does he get 3 Attacks as a base or 2>?
It's the same formula. The bonusses are cumulative so MoK and 2 weps is 2 more attacks than on the profile.

4}. What about the power gift of chaos? Is it as good in play as it looks on paper. I honestly dont see any downside to taking this ability since You can use it in hth combat and turn enemy units into Spawns for you. Targeting and eliminating Pwr Fst wielders. Plus the new models for the spawns are pretty nasty
It's not bad at all. The difficulty is having to roll over the target's toughness so you need a 5+ to get a marine, for example. Personally I think Lash of submission is easily the best power available.

5}. there is no rule stating you cant take both a chaos lord & a Daemon prince, right?
Correct. You can have 2 daemon princes if you want.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Answere is yes to all your questions! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I always thought that meant the weapons on the bike its hard enough to control the guns on the bike whilst driving it let alone having a cobat weapon and a pistol to control.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I always thought that meant the weapons on the bike its hard enough to control the guns on the bike whilst driving it let alone having a cobat weapon and a pistol to control.
That was what they said back in 3rd edition.. didnt make it into the 4th edition book though.. and like he said they removed the +1 Attack for having the bike. They had to do something to make them better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts