·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ah, this is where we've had a mistranslation!

I should have specified that my Tactica and my army is designed at 1500pts (the common size in the UK and at UK Tournaments).

At 2000pts even I'd consider throwing in some Repentia just because I could. Though I'd probably always find something more useful.

Anyway, let's have a look.

2+ Inv Canoness is present.

2 Exorcists present.

The Battle Sisters are lacking a flamer to take advantage of Divine Guidance AP 1 ignoring cover.

I could pick apart the list all day- but all that would achieve is turning it into a list I would take. If it works for you, it works for you.
At least it shows we can have two radically different armies from the Witch Hunters Codex- not just one predictable netlist.

Probably easier if I post up what I would take at 2000pts and we can compare the differences. Just have to write one.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Please do. I would love to see a different take on the army. Truth is I have a seraphim unit, an inquisitor with retinue, another exorcist, a land raider, a callidus assassin, and St. Celestine for this army. I am in the process of painting it for my wife. I can easily make it a 3000 point army.

The melta guns are there to bake a tank should the sisters get close enough. The whole point of this particular build is to get within the 12 inch range and unleash with bolters and meltas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I realize you've imported the list from another program but you might want to consider deleting it and typing it out. The mods may have an issue with the statlines being up. Not trying to be a wet blenket, I just don't want to see a good fellow like yourself get in trouble.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a "print screen" (Image) of an excel spread sheet. I edited it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Something like this:

HQ

Canoness Laurelia 1xCanoness- Eviscerator, bolt pistol, book of St.Lucius. 76
-Celestian Squad 5xCelestians- 2xBolters. 2xMeltaguns. 120
1xVeteran Superior- Bolt pistol, eviscerator.
-Rhino APC 1xRhino- Storm bolter, smoke launchers, extra armour. 58

Saint Alicius 1xCanoness- Inferno pistol, eviscerator, jump pack, cloak of St.Aspira, book of St.Lucius. 130

Elites

Celestian Squad 6xCelestians- 3xBolters. 2xMeltaguns. 133

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor 1xOrdo Hereticus Inquisitor- Bolt pistol, close combat weapon, krak grenades. 24
-Henchmen Retinue 1xFamiliar- Close combat weapon. 6

Callidus Temple Assassin 1xCallidus Temple Assassin- C'tan phase sword, neural shredder, polymorphine, poison blades. 120

Troops

Battle Sisters Squad 10xBattle Sisters- 7xBolters. 1xMeltagun. 1xHeavy flamer. 146
1xVeteran Superior- Bolter.

Battle Sisters Squad 10xBattle Sisters- 7xBolters. 1xMeltagun. 1xHeavy flamer. 146

Fast Attack

Seraphim Squad 6xSeraphim- 4xTwin bolt pistols. 1xTwin hand flamers. Jump packs, frags, krak. 174

Heavy Support

Retributors Squad 6xRetributors- 3xBolters. 3xHeavy bolters. 125
-Immolator APC 1xImmolator- Twin heavy flamer, smoke launchers. 68

Exorcist 1xExorcist- Exorcist launcher, smoke launchers, extra armour, dozer blade. 148

Exorcist 1xExorcist- Exorcist launcher, smoke launchers, extra armour, dozer blade. 148

Total: 2000

Faith: 11.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like a nice hybrid list Pathwinder. Jeridian and I share similar views on the witch hunter slots so I won't say too much, as again it would just turn into what I'd take.

A couple of things I picked up on though are:

-The Cannoness seems a bit 'bling'. I know it's 2000pts, but do you really need the mantle and rosarius? If you drop these you could use the points to bulk up the repentia.

-I'm not a fan of plasma pistols or power weapons on VSS's. I'd rather give them eviscerators.

-Also I assume you're putting the priest with the dominions (hence the power armour). Would he not be better with the repentia to give them the rerolls?

Must get round to posting my 1500pt Inquisitor list at some point, will give you all a good chuckle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I quite like this list, but as it has been stated its too high in cost for uk tournaments. Pathwinder could you do a 1500 pt list to compare with.

imho i'd keep the mantle & lose the rosarius. I don't like plasma pistols either ( but thats just the dice hating me), i have a mix of eviscerators & power weapons on my vss's & i'd put the priest with the repentia.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure I can post a 1500 point list.

I personally love plasma pistols. I have 3 in each berserker squad of my World Eaters army. They really pay off. Since each Battle Sister squad has two meltaguns, the plasma pistol adds that extra punch to knock out a tank.

The priest goes with the repentia squad. I forgot about mixed armor...crap. Thanks. I'll have to give him carapace armor instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts