Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine on the forum got a warning from a mod and was told they are now restricted to two posts a week in the current events. I just want to know since when did our mods start acting like the mods that we all hate over at that other site? I mean yeah he was inflammatory on the forum but if that is the case there are several people who should be lumped into that group as well.

Heresy is at a dry period and we are now going to tell someone, who while new is also pushing quite a bit to not post. This seems counter productive to trying to get post count up.

Yes yes I know I could have sent this in a pm but I didn't feel like it. This is information everyone can use.

Maybe if we all stopped treating this site like the half retarded cousin of cnn and more like a miniatures forum we could actually keep the gamers we have and possibly gain more.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Time to take the ball home and quit in a epic explosion of nerd rage eh?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Maybe if we all stopped treating this site like the half retarded cousin of cnn and more like a miniatures forum we could actually keep the gamers we have and possibly gain more.
There's your answer right there. It's only in the World News board that this has happened, and if you really can't see why such action was needed, then you're being very naive and ignorant. Aside from the wealth of personal attacks, blatant baiting and abundant displays of racism, bigotry and ignorance, the WNCE board was becoming, as you said, a retarded cousin of Fox News and CNN, with many posts deliberately focusing on getting people riled up and trying to force an outcome.

You say at the end of your post, in the part I've quoted, that we should get back to the gaming. Why don't you give your friend that same advice and forget about the WNCE board and focus on gaming, same for yourself. I mean, don't you see how your post is pretty much arguing the mods own point? You're complaining about your mate being restricted on the WNCE board and then go on to say that we should all be leaving that board alone and focusing on the gaming.

And yeah, I personally think you should have put this in a pm, it seems you're trying to get other members on you and your mates side without telling the entire story and reasons for the ban.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Whilst I am not aware of the ins and outs regarding said members punishment I have been privy to some of the things that are said in the world events forum.

A forum like that is a hotbed for disagreeing, arguing and eventually insulting. In order to prevent those grievances spilling over into the hobby forums I can see why the mods feel they need to be a little harder there.

We can still get away with fuck loads more (case in point) than the other forums who we shall not speak of.

I don't think it needed to be in a PM if we can be grown up and discuss it like adults but at the end of the day, the forum is run by a group of people and we agreed to their rules when we joined.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
The person in question was limited as a means to avoid a outright ban as per the rules in the thread above. Because they are new and active in other sections of the board. The sections of the board that should matter because this is after all a board dedicated to plastic army men. If the limit of commenting on a forum that has nothing to do with plastic army men is that outrageous and upsetting to this individual then they should re access why they are here at HO. With that I am done commenting in this thread.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The point was not exactly he got restricted and i am not pulling people to my side. If that was the case I would have posted screens and name names.

Personally I loath that sub forum and would love to see it go away. Which is what I was alluding to in the bottom half.

My friend probably deserved what he got but there are at least 3 others who have done the same shit and two more who in general simply troll there. It's unbalanced to restrict the new guy but other more senior members get away with it.

The top half was honestly to point out that we have 10 percent the posts that we used to have but are restricting peoples posts. And that restricting posts is the type of shit we used to tease that other forum about, now we are doing it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This thread is also directly against the rules of that forum posted in this thread:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7802
You might want to pay attention to where I posted this. It's a Heresy off topic as a it did not pertain to CE or Wm.

Also I am not bringing up a thread or examples. The point is the person was restricted, it just so happens that was the forum in question.

Why is this not in the lounge? Looks like mod business to me.
This post? Because I am not a mod. This situation? No idea.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I resigned my mod status 3 or 4 years ago.

But it is behavior like this
Time to take the ball home and quit in a epic explosion of nerd rage eh?
That is becoming the issue. People trying to goad others into a confrontation. I have watched people do it to Lux, Stella, emperorshand and others. Because of rules I can't pick certain recent examples but it has happened for years.

·
Banned
190 Posts
The sections of the board that should matter because this is after all a board dedicated to plastic army men.
Reported!
Thats sexist. There are plastic army Females as well. And AFAIK the Sisters of Battle are pretty popular here.
:laugh: Just Kidding.

For the most part people congregate in WNCE. Ive seen its ups and downs.
Ive been around various sections, and even have my own PLog going. 800+ views and like 40+ comments.
Yeehaw!

The issue is Mods should be there to enforce the rules. Not to provoke and take part in a heated debate.
Im just as guilty of instigating a Mod as the Mod is of me. I admit that, I got my penis slapped by DR for it.

If WNCE is such a pain every mods ass...just close it off. Its simple. People all have different opinions and beliefs.
Im a proud American, Magpie is a proud Aussie, Jez is a proud brit. But sometimes things get said that piss off others...
Everyone is a Bigot to some extent. Me Im a Bigot, Im a Zionist, Im a Jew, and Im a knuckle head who hates backing down. Nuff said

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
It was a decision I made because the site is fast becoming a copy paste CNN shit hole. You're still welcome to discuss "important" topics. You're just limited now, so pick wisely.

It's not open to discussion and I certainly don't have to justify anything I do for the betterment and future of this site. So kindly wind your fucking neck in and shut the fuck up.

/thread

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
It was a decision I made because the site is fast becoming a copy paste CNN shit hole. You're still welcome to discuss "important" topics. You're just limited now, so pick wisely.

It's not open to discussion and I certainly don't have to justify anything I do for the betterment and future of this site. So kindly wind your fucking neck in and shut the fuck up.

/thread
That is why I love heresy.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Wait there's a hobby board? When did that happen?!?! But really that is why I often do not go into WNCE too often.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I read through the threads still, but theres a reason why I hardly ever post in them anymore..... especially since people have been spam posting the crap out of the articles...... I have a question though. Whoever knows, if you don't mind me asking, are the limits placed on these few members permanent, or do they expire after a while? Answer or don't, i'm just a bit curious.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts