Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I remember being a thread on this before. I think It was ADB that mentioned that the earlier versions of the Warhammer 40k legions were around the 100,000 mark which is basically what was used in Raven's Flight. But most of the earlier writers are making the legions in more of the Ten Thousands which seems like probably be used during the long term since most of the heresy novels would agree with this number.

In my opinion I prefer the idea of the legions being in a hundred thousands. It just seems more realistic and demonstrates might. 1 astartes alone is pretty tough, but compared to all the alien technologies out their, especially during the Great Crusade, and the great hordes of the ork a couple thousand marines here and there can only do so much. A boltgun can only take down so many orks. 1 to 1 an ork and a space marine in close quarters is to close a battle. Eldar technology can make space marine armour look like wood. And to me, comparing a space marine and a normal imperial guard can also mean so much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.