Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im a long-term 40k player who has played a bit of Mordheim, and now getting sucked into playing Necromunda.:grin:

The only dissapointing thing about Necromunda is the lack of Orks.

I found this PDF...
http://files.sigil.biz/data/gw_02_waaagh!__da_orks_are_in_da_hive.pdf

Do people think these rules are reasonable?
Not too underpowered?
Not too overpowered?
Considering there are only 3 of us in the campaign so far, and one of us has gone for a cheesy Van Saar list (Plasmaguns with 2+ ammo rolls :threaten: ).

Not really too fussed if its not as powerful as Van Saar, as i want to play the campaign more for the fun than the competition, but i dont want to get my butt kicked every game.

Cheers in advance guys. :victory:

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you ask me the rules are fine to play with, long as you enjoy it, i for one would be happy to play it :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Aye, they seem fair to me too :)

Looking forward to kicking off a Necromunda Campaign in Nov-Dec, got a Blood Bowl League starting in Sept but it's next on the list :-D

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made up a list...

Kaptin
- Sword + Auto-pistol
150 Teef

Loota
- Deffgun (Eavy Stubba)
195 Teef

Loota
- Sword + Auto-pistol
100 Teef

(Will swap the Deffgun between Lootas, depending on which one has the better level-ups)

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

Boy
- Sword + Auto-pistol
85 Teef

955 Teef (Keep 45 Teef for backup)

Gang rating 1138-1153

·
Registered
219 Posts
These roolz look really good. I've got a friend who I'm sure will be even happier than me to discover some usable Ork rules in Necromunda (we've been using kitbashed Gorkamorka rules for some time now, and there are some holes).
The only thing I can think of is, on the adventure chart, I'm not sure I like the "d3 Ork Eaveez" option. I think the d3 should be limited to boyz or Grotz.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a couple questions about details.

New recruits are hired with Squigs, but where does the gang get the Squigs? Are the Squigs considered to be basically food rations, so the gang pays for the new recruits with food rations they have built up? Sounds like it would be very likely to wind up with a very rich gang but with virtually no food with which to hire new recruits. (each member will typically eat the same amount of food he finds on average, with the OOA members eating up any extra and typically leaving the gang starved)

Is is possible for them to buy Rare items at all, or do they follow the Outlaw rules for that?

From where do the Orks buy their guns? Sure, a Kaptin who wants to buy a Plasma Pistol pays 25 Teefs, but where is he supposed to get the Plasma Pistol from? The rules make it sound like the gang just has a "stash" from which they buy the weapon for Teefs. This is a metaplot question, but it bugs me - if they have the stash already, why do they have to pay for the weapons? Are they buying from other Ork gangs who already have these weapons?

The food question makes me think the gang would be pretty well screwed by starvation most of the time and virtually never able to get new recruits. Alleviate the food situation somehow, and I think these Orks rules could be awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, the rules are fair but it makes no sense why would there be Orks in Necromunda and if there was, they would be wiped out by the Ordo Xenos. The only time I would use these rules is in the case where I had an Ork invasion in my campaign.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Hmm... I was thinking of using Goliaths for Orks in the future (when my other gangs get boring).

I must read these...

·