Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions and feedback. Im making bases for my Space Wolves using cork chunks, small black volcanic gravel, sand/snow flock/white glue mix, and possibly water effect gel icecicles. Im kind of lost at painting the rest(edge/rim) of my bases. Does anyone have any advice on a particular color, or just leave the edge black and call it good?:victory:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looking for opinions and feedback. Im making bases for my Space Wolves using cork chunks, small black volcanic gravel, sand/snow flock/white glue mix, and possibly water effect gel icecicles. Im kind of lost at painting the rest(edge/rim) of my bases. Does anyone have any advice on a particular color, or just leave the edge black and call it good?:victory:
I have found that edging the base black tends to allow the ice/snow effects to stand out more. White or light coloured edges often lead to a 'washout' effect. I have also seen/used the actual base colour - aka what the ground would be coloured if not covered in snow (greens/browns/greys). Again, the darker the colour the more dramatic and clean the ice/snow effects appear.

Would be great to see some of your pics when you make up your mind!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts