Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing paule's thread with all those awesome dreads, it inspired me to actually start working on my dread conversion. Also Moo was interested in my wife's next project so i thought i'd throw up a quick sneak peak of both. Comments please and suggestions.

woog out

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i told you all it was a sneek peek. Yes it's a huge building. No moo, a biomechanical dreadnaught!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

woog out!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love your idea.
I´m just working on a dreadnought like yours. No tyranids bitz, but chaos.
My first one looks like this (I know it´s not a new idea, but I like it):

Work on! I want to see more!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm liking the look of yours. I'm not sure if i'm going to use the exhaust stacks though, and i'm trying to figure out a good way to cut and remodel the legs so they look less stationary. Aside from that i'm going to model my own extra CCW and give the bastard a bitchin tail.

woog out!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sneak peek update

I got a bit further on my dreadnaught conversion. Let me know what you all think of the positioning of the model. I'm not sure i like the feet. I want it to look like it's leeping forward.

woog out

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think for the size of the head and arm, the whole body and legs seem a little small and out of proportion. I also agree that the legs don't feel dynamic enough. With my dreadnought i had to cut the leg into lots of different sections and green stuff back the details but it came out a little more poseable than the one they supply you with,
and yet it seems rather static, so if you really want a leaping feel you have to almost make a base where there is a rocky outcrop and he is jumping from it?

I think what might be needed is a bit of kit bashing, for example using a pair of defiler claws or legs perhaps as replacements to the standard dreadnought legs, this would also offer a greater ease of a dynamic pose and conversion work.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
excellent idea moo. I hate spending money though and i've already sunk to much into this beast so i think the defiler option, all be it an awesome idea, isn't really viable. I should have probably taken a side shot of him too but i was in a hurry before work. It is leaning forward pretty steeply. I pinned the leg section into the middle part so that it's tilted sideways and forward. I'll get that shot then sometime soon but excellent idea with the base. I was thinking the same thing but didn't know how to go about doing so. Pretty much what i'm going for fluff wise is that the legion of woog admired the tenacity and ferocity of these beasts they met with in battle so they took a large dieing one and hacked it apart and jammed it into a dreadnaught. It's supposed to look out of portion. They CCW i'm modeling is going to look like an alien arm tearing through the side of it and i still have a tail to model and design along with magnatize all the weapons.

woog out!

edit:
btw i forgot to mention how badass your drednaught looks!!! I was planning on cutting the shit out of the legs for my models but i realize that the dremel brand cutoff wheels i got for a buck at the dollar tree didn't come with the piece to attach them onto the dremel so i was too impatient to wait. I might go back and hack the legs up later if i don't like how it looks when i'm done.

woog out for real this time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts