Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this was my fist time playing a Space Marine player that was not either Black Templar (very assaulty) or Dark Angels (very shooty). Also I don’t mind because they are both good friends of mine and we always have a fun time playing together. However, this guy was just a royal jerk and I had a very unpleasant time playing him. He wouldn’t even shake my hand at the end of the match and kept talking about how Orks are the worst army in the game blah blah... It was a cityfight game and it was Maximum Attrition which is the victory points one.

Snakebites vs. Crimson Fists 1500

HQ:
Warboss
Power Klaw
Choppa
‘Eavy armor
Bionic Bounce
Cybork Body

Big Mek
Choppa
Kustom Force Field
“Eavy Armor
Mounted in Warrtruk
Armor Plates
Red Paint
Rokkit

Troops:

19 Madboyz
Pigdok
Rokkit
3 Styboyx
4x

10 Huntas
2 Rokkits

Heavy Support:

Battlewagon
5 Bolt on Big Shootas
Armor Plates
Red Paint
Grot Riggers

Leman Russ
Armor Plates
Grot Riggers
Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter

Crimson Fists

HQ:

Librarian with some psychic power that gives him an extra D6 attacks (which I later realized was D3 and he pulled a fast one on me) and a jump pack

Master
Lightning Claw
Storm Bolter

Troops:
6 Tactical Marines
Heavy Bolter

8 Tactical Marines
Missile Launcher

6 Tactical Marines
Missile Launcher

8 Scouts
Sniper Rifles
Heavy Bolter

10 Scouts
Bolt Pistol and CC weapon

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Tornado

6 Assault Marines
Veteran Sergeant with power fist

Heavy Support:

8 Man Devastator Squad
4 Lascannons

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I was wondering where the battle report was as well. However, about your ork army are you playing Snakebits or Ferals? Because you have seem to have a little both.

·
Registered
359 Posts
He's using the Clan rules in which Snakebites can take several units from the feral Orks list. You have a problem with your army list though. Huntas are a +2 troops choice for Snakebites and thus you MUST take two squads of them in every Snakebites list. Maybe there's something I'm missing but you only appear to have one squad of 10.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well here's the report finnaly!

Predator Destructor
I deployed last and went first. My stratagems were Sewer Rats and Combat Engineers. His were Booby Traps and Infiltrate. Already he starts by calling me cheesy for using the two “most overpowered” stratagems just because his stupid booby traps don’t work well anymore. There were 9 buildings, 4 on my side, and 4 on his and one giant one in the middle. All of my stuff started on the left except for one squad of Madboyz. His sniper scouts (who chose not to infiltrate), Master, landspeeder, and a heavy bolter tactical squad were on the right. On the left was my Huntas, my two tanks, and a squad of madboyz (my other two squads chose to deploy via sewer rats) On the left was the Predator Destructor, Devastator Squad, Assault marines, Librarian, and two missile launcher tactical squads. His CC scouts deployed on my left flank.

Turn 1: Orks

Squad of Huntas embarks in the Battlewagon. All units move up 6. Madboyz on the right take down the land speeder (after him *****ing about how I can only glance it even though it didn’t move...) Shooting from the Battlewagon annihilates the smaller missile launcher tactical squad to the man. Then he starts *****ing about the BS3 Huntas and how that’s overpowered. Leman Russ gets 2 assault marines.

Crimson Fists

Assault marines move 12 inches forward. CC scouts move 6 towards nearest Madboy mob. Sniper scouts and heavy bolter tactical squads’ fire kill 8 Orks from rightmost Madboy mob. Missile Launcher Tactical Squad kills 6 from leftmost Madboyz mob. Predator Destructor kills another 4 Madboyz.

Turn 2: Orks

No Reserves come out of the sewers. Both Mobs move forward 6 inches. Leftmost mob moves into a building getting a 6 on the difficult terrain roll. Rokkit fire kills a marine in the Heavy Bolter squad and stuns the Predator. Battlewagon kills 5 marines from the second missile launcher squad. Leman Russ gets one more Assault Marine.

Crimson Fists

Jumps his Assault Marines into the building that’s occupied by my leftmost Madboyz. I then tell him about this thing called “Dangerous Terrain Tests” (which for about 5 minutes he refuses to take until I called over the manager who told him he must take it) He lost 2 marines to the test (haha!) and only his librarian and vet sergeant were left. Predator Destructor fires at Madboyz; he then declares that there are 3 more casualties. I tell him that these are three cover saves I have to take. (He then starts to argue that in since it is a ruined building it doesn’t give a cover save, I then call over the manager guy and I get the cover save I deserve) I then pass all 3 of them (in your face moron!) Shooting at my rightmost Madboy squad drops another 6, leaving only 6 left. CC scouts move towards Madboyz holed up in building. Their bolt pistol fire proving ineffective due to cover saves.

Turn 3:

One mob comes out from the sewers right within slugga distance of the scout marines. Other one fails to show. Mob in building moves forward, sluggas killing the vet serge and leaving the librarian with 1 wound. Rightmost Madboyz jump in a building for cover and a nice view of the side armor of his Predator Destructor. Rolling a 5 for Difficult Terrain they are well in the building, Rokkit from them causes a penetrating hit on the Destructor and blows it up with a 4. Now the Mob that just entered via the sewers fells all of the scout marines with sluggas and rokkit blazing.

At this point my opponent concedes and starts to ***** about how I’m a cheese monger etc.

I didn’t say anything nasty to him but I really should have.

Are all marine players like this? I’m just asking because I’ve never really played a marine player except for my two good friends but we play for fun.

And yes I just beat a marine army without reaching assault…and I play Orks..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh right and in reply to the snakebite thing yea im playing snakebites and no one really cares about the 2 squads of huntas, no one i play with has ever said anything so whatever, its not like i play in tourtaments or anything

·
Registered
325 Posts
HavenDan said:
oh right and in reply to the snakebite thing yea im playing snakebites and no one really cares about the 2 squads of huntas, no one i play with has ever said anything so whatever, its not like i play in tourtaments or anything
The trouble with this is that it means none of the games you play can actually teach anyone anything. Because you are not actually playing 40k.
You are actually playing a set of house rules that are very similar to 40k.

What if one of your friends chose to take eight daemonprinces. Or maybe another friend always moved his figures 8". Would that be fair?

Army selection is as much part of the game as any of the rules in the BGB. As such you should stick to the choices within the codex.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There ar eplenty of whiny players for every army so it's certainly not a "marine thing". I regularly outshoot marines with my orks so this does not come as a great surprise t me, especially since you were fielding huntas. The reason no one has mentioned huntas to you as a 2+ choice is probably because few people know the rules for regular orks, let alone clan rules. While your opponent certainly needs to read his rulebook better, I think you should revise your list and make it legal. If in your friendly games, your opponents want to let you run one huntas squad that's fine, but you should tell every player you play and ask tehir eprmission to sue the list you're using, tournament or not. If you don't tell them then you are cheating, plain and simple.

·
Registered
298 Posts
HavenDan wrote:

The trouble with this is that it means none of the games you play can actually teach anyone anything. Because you are not actually playing 40k.
You are actually playing a set of house rules that are very similar to 40k.

What if one of your friends chose to take eight daemonprinces. Or maybe another friend always moved his figures 8". Would that be fair?

Army selection is as much part of the game as any of the rules in the BGB. As such you should stick to the choices within the codex.
So in essense both players pulled a fast one right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts