Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm here to ask for help on smiling. Whenever a camera is pointed at me I allways start thinking about my smile. I try to make it look as natural as possible but in doing that i make it look un-natural, nervous and generally really fake.

Does anyone have anything to say on this? I have tried doing lots of stuff. Thinking of things that make me smile, thinking of times i have smiled, showing my teeth, not showing my teeth, focussing on my eyes, focussing on my cheeks and some other stuff. All of those just seem to give me the nervous look.

Also its only when i know the camera is being pointed at me. I have seen photos of me taken when im enjoying myself when i didnt know about the camera and i look perfectly natural in those. Its just as soon as i see the camera i get megaly self concious.

This has lead up to things like me not likeing photos taken of me so people think im camera shy and me sometimes tryng to look as stupid as possible so my smile doesnt matter as much which leads to people thinking i cant take photos seriously. It also makes people think im not enjoyting myself when i am and alot of the time my girlfriend tells me to smile more. So can anyone help me?

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
The first time a DOP pointed the camera at me I got a fucking uber boner and winked at Danny Dyer... ;) In a totally non gay way of course.

My advice here is just relax and look normal. Realistically what can anyone say to answer that question?

You've had 16 years of facial muscle control. Try squinting a little, its difficult to smile when you're squinting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts