Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im just starting my CSM army, atm i only have the small battleforce box and a Daemon Prince because i cant really decide between two of the HQs, so i was wondering if anyone could give me a little more insight on which would be the better choice, and i'll build the rest of my army around that.

I was thinking of either using Huron Blackheart or Typhus because i love the black/red colors of the Red Corsairs but i also love the black/green colors of The Purge and other Nurgley armies, just curious of the ups/downs of either of them.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Ok

A good place to start is the cost. Huron is 160pts, Typhus is 225 points

Simply put, at around 1250/1500 Huron would be your best choice simply because of the point cost and the point limit you have. Above 1500, Typhus may be a better choice.

Huron gets a power weapon, a power fist, a heavy flamer, AND warptime. He's in Power Armour so he can ride in Rhino's (Personally, a squad of 9 Berzerkers with a Champ who has a Power Weapon and Huron in a rhino would be the way to go)

Typhus gets a daemon weapon that acts as a normal daemon weapon and a force weapon, the Nurgle's Rot and Wind of Chaos psychic powers that automatically pass when he uses them. He's in Terminator armour, so he only gets to ride in Land Raiders (making terminators a good choice for bodyguards - either in a LR or deepstriking. However in a LR this unit will cost 500+ points)

My personal choice is to get Huron as he is a very good HQ choice for the points you pay for him. It also gives you a very solid 1k points list to start off with. Stick Huron with the Berzerkers in the rhino, 10 CSM's in another rhino, along with some heavy support is a very strong 1k point list. That being said, there is nothing wrong with getting Typhus at a later date.

Also, another place to check for some advice would be BrokenSwords guide HERE

Good Luck :victory:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This does help quite a bit, thank you :D

As me and my friends are working towards building up 2000 point armies, i may just end up going with Typhus. The only real downside to him is his points cost. I've heard quite a few people complain that he doesnt get the 5+ invulnerable save that the other chaos HQs get... but those people confuse me, the ones with the 5+ save are the ones in normal Power Armor, Typhus has Terminator Armor that gives him 5+ anyway, so what would be the point of giving him a 5+ special rule? and he gets a 2+ normal save where everyone else gets 3+.

·
Registered
941 Posts
termie lords with daemon weapons, different marks depending on what you want to do, and a combi-melta can be a good choice at 1,000pts!:so_happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts