Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a rapidly increasing Imperial guard Cadian force, with plenty of armoured options I am considering allying with my ultramarines, up to 2K. Was considering either massed infantry in mobile 'pillboxes' or large ordinanace weaponry holdign the back line. My general marine list includes speeders, captain on bike with bike troopswhile placing a squad in a drop pod in order to annihilate any units that pose a threat from the get go.

My question is: if you were considering allying any IG force with a Marine list (up to 750-1000pts) what would you include and why?

Cheers:good:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i'd use dark angels to have divination, atsknf librarian to join big blobs of guards giving them 4++ or rerollable hits, then a drop pod dreadnought & drop pod tacsquad to hammer the enemy and get to the right spot in the right time. I could also consider a biker unit and a scout squad to scout/infiltrate along the board anp to augment pressure on enemy lines. The mix of dropods, bikers and imperial heavy fire should be a good mix.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I would bring BA and go for a blitzkrieg style of play, with an av13 wall and chimera vets... Then throw on some russes as a fire base.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
My SW have IG Allies...

1x HQ Command Squad (LC upgrade) with a Master of Ordnance Advisor
1x Troop Vetaran Squad (2x GL & 1x LC upgrade)
1x Vendetta Squadron (2x Vets with HB upgrades).

That's 8 extra S9 AP2 Lascannon (6 twin-linked) hits for a mere 480pts... Bargain!!!

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking along the same line. However, I already have two stormravens I prefer to use for their carrying ability (love dropping dreadnoughts up close and personal with some sternguard)

Does anyone consider using the ordinance battery detachments anymore? coupled with possible manticore/ deathstrike?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts