Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some deliberation I have decided to paint up my Space Marines as Dark angels instead of the smurfs. The my two sets of Black reach tactical Marines will just get the green treat treatment without replacing the bits. I also have the contents of a SM battle force and am curious as to what the most economical route would be to fancy them up in DA gear.

Right now I am torn between getting the $20 DA upgrade pack, or just buying a DA veterans squad and spreading the bits out among the what I have.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I would probably by the upgrade pack and spread out the bits for that. You could also look at a bits sites and buy a few bits from them to add to your army to convey the DA theme. Another option would be to trade away any SM bits you have that you don't want or need for DA bit by placing an ad in the trading section.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably by the upgrade pack and spread out the bits for that. You could also look at a bits sites and buy a few bits from them to add to your army to convey the DA theme. Another option would be to trade away any SM bits you have that you don't want or need for DA bit by placing an ad in the trading section.
I have looked at the various "Bits" sites and for the most part they are sold out of 50% of the stuff I need. After factoring in the extra shipping costs from ordering from multiple sites I think would be better off just ordering from the GW site.

As for the trading, I think I will give that a try. I just recently started throwing money into this pit so I have very few things to trade away, but I guess it doesn't cost anything to try :D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts