Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay all, I'd like to tap the collective knowledge once again!

I run a 5-man Terminator squad with 2 assault cannons. Pretty standard, obvious that they're awesome. Wondering if anyone uses other combos and thinks them to be equal/better than the two ACs?

As an aside, any tips for extra stuff to give the rest of the squad (other weapons on the sergeant, how many chainfists, etc). Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
129 Posts
A friend of mine loves his Heavy Flamers, and they tend to mess over just about any infantry I have in the way. They aren't as versatile as Assault Cannons of course, but kind of scary in their own way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't imagine where it would be useful to mix the weapons combo's, since each cover a certian distance and each have their usefulness based on what you want them to do. In the old DA DW i would always have a double missile squad in the back for tank hunting but w/o knowing your standard list and if your lacking in that department I couldn't tell you if they are better for you. I'm not a math nut so i can't tell you the percentages of any of this, just the way I take playing Termie squads.

I do miss my double assault cannon squads though!

Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
328 Posts
What I sometimes do with my Raven Guard Terms is I get 6, give 2 Heavy Flamers, 2 chainfists, a pretty looking sergeant, and have one of my assault squads with Teleport homer to get them close without risk.

·
Registered
202 Posts
For codex SM-
2 assault cannons
4 chainfists
power weapon/storm bolter

For BA/DA-
1 assault cannon
1 chainfist
3 lightning claws
power weapon/storm bolter

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why, you are shooty with the assault cannons and whats the point of having S9 powerfists/chainfists?

I think I just answered my own question.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
when i use the DA codex i usually take one heavy flamer.

if i were doing a nasty list, i'd take 6 men, 2 AC

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can terminator squads even have 2 assault cannons? Well, I didn't know.

Anyways, Deathwing termies can only have one of any heavy weapon.

But I just wonder how I should combine the weapons in my terminator close combat squad. Should I have 3 with thunder hammer anbd shield, or 3 with lightning claws?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm not a fan of terminator assault squads. The only way to have any hope of getting them into CC seems to be a land raider crusader, probably with a chaplain in the unit too. Sooo many points to get entangled in your deployment zone against Tau, necrons, eldar...

Anyway back to the original thing: I use my terminators with 2 ACs and no chain fists. I try to give the vet sergeant an auspex because it's entertaining when it works and I've thought about giving him a combi weapon. Normally the sergeant is the first casualty though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts