Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has the figurine and i'm figuring on borrowing it for fun, that made me wonder what some of you might know of running the 200 pt. captain of the ultramarines second.

Any takers?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
He can be really good if used right his one hit ko attack is really useful if you get assaulted by something you don't want to be near

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Looks hard as fuck, is supposed to be hard as fuck, and is indeed hard as fuck...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Belive you me, good against nids, ko-ing fexes (albeit not very often) can swing the way the games going

·
Registered
134 Posts
great for chopping off dread arms. gives an entire unit a special rule...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Except there is always Khan...who rides a bike...with no handlebars...and ALL his attacks are ko-ing not just 1

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
He makes your whole army fucking hard to break, he gives you a 30% chance to Seize the Initiative, and he makes a single Tactical Squad awesome.

Seriously, he opens up some great tactics for you, infiltrating Tactical Squads isn't to be scoffed at, since their transport gets it too, you can get a first-turn Meltagun right up in their face!

Scouts is less useful than Infiltrate I'd say, but still has uses

Tank Hunters is obvious, that combined with a Plasma Gun is pretty powerful, basically another Missile Launcher.

And you probably wouldn't bother with Counter-Attack.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Seriously, he opens up some great tactics for you, infiltrating Tactical Squads isn't to be scoffed at, since their transport gets it too, you can get a first-turn Meltagun right up in their face!
Sorry mate, I'm not entirely sure that's correct as awesome as it would be. Sicarius merely grants the Infiltrate special rule to a tactical squad in your army. The infiltrate rule (page 75) states "If a unit with this ability is deployed inside a transport vehicle, it cannot infiltrate."

The rhino, whilst bought for the tactical squad is a separate unit entry (that doesn't use a force organisation slot) and does not gain the infiltrate ability, it makes as much sense as a Rhino with counter attack.:)

In every other respect Winterous is right and whilst I don't think Sicarius the most powerful character by any mean, he's certainly a lot of fun and characterful!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Sorry mate, I'm not entirely sure that's correct as awesome as it would be. Sicarius merely grants the Infiltrate special rule to a tactical squad in your army. The infiltrate rule (page 75) states "If a unit with this ability is deployed inside a transport vehicle, it cannot infiltrate."

The rhino, whilst bought for the tactical squad is a separate unit entry (that doesn't use a force organisation slot) and does not gain the infiltrate ability, it makes as much sense as a Rhino with counter attack.:)

In every other respect Winterous is right and whilst I don't think Sicarius the most powerful character by any mean, he's certainly a lot of fun and characterful!
Aah I got it confused with Scouts, and I was too lazy to check :p
Scouts is granted to a Dedicated Transport the unit is deployed in, but not Infiltrate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts