Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am considering starting a scout based SM army. Mainly due to my love of the models. I have written several lists now using BA / Vanilla / SW / DA lists and have trouble coming up with anything good, I have now rules out the SW / DA due to lack of scout Troops options.

My main concept is simply no power armour squads. and vehicles that are more scouty!!

Has anyone had much experience with a scout army?
Is it viable to field ONLY scouts, (scouts, scout bikers, storms,)?

·
Registered
215 Posts
well...HQs might be a bit of a problem :L

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chapter, why not use a non codex chapter of your naming?

why not just use captain rules for a really cool looking scout :victory:

For transport (and fast attack) you have the landspeeder storm I think, and scout bikers.

Walkers, use the IG sentinal scout vehicle. Mainly because of the name but they are used for recon and hit/run behind enemy lines.

Vehicles, use the:
APC chimera- upto 12 models and heavy bolter on top, like a razorback but bigger.
predator- cheap for basic one, covering fire for deploying scouts.
hellhound- so you don't get those initiates bogged down in close combat, just burn em' away with FIRE.

Thats all I can think up at the moment, it's more complicated than a ordinary Space Marine army but probably way more fun in my head :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cross-codex lists seem like a very bad precedent.

I'd advise playing a lot of 40k in 40 mins* games one day, use a bunch of different scout squad varieties, and see what works well for what.

And obviously, scout bikers, land speeders storm and Telion!

*(400pts / side, no 2+ saves, no vehicles with > 32 armour, no force organisation chart limitations other than at least 1 troops choice)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts