Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a 3rd company Sallies army, which means red trim on the shoulder pads. I was wondering do Salamanders Sargent have a specific color for their helmets like the ultrasmurfs do with red?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Actually the Salamanders don't use Codex Colours to differentiate between companies, so I imagine they don't use a similar concept for their Sergeants either.

Salamander Company Markings:

The 1st and 2nd Company both use a White Salamander Head on a Black Background.
3rd Company- Yellow Salamander Head on a Black Background
4th Company- Green Salamander Head on a Black Background
5th Company(Reserve)- Black Salamander Head on a Yellow Background
6th Company(Reseve)- Green Salamander Head on a Yellow Background
7th Company(Scout) Black Salamander Head on a White Background.

Of course the Codex also recommends changing the markings used by a Chapter so that enemies don't decipher what they mean.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
from what i can see in codex:space marines (pg 106), their 1st company doesnt seem to show any sign of a sarge in a squad, appart from what ive just noticed is that one marine in the front of each squads has a beakey head.

so i'd assume this is the same thru the rest of the chapter, being a sarge is represented by a beakey head :D
crazy as it seems thats how i see it :p

tho theres nothing stoping you from painting a sarge's head white/black

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Baron is right on the money with the markings, the badge colour denotes company and on the other shoulderpad should be a flame symbol, unless they are first company where they have the vet cross apparently.

Of course you can just use the codex markings anyway, there has been numerous changes to this in sallie history.

As for marking sergeants i've seen a couple of ideas:

Flame honours - this is a flame symbol on the kneepad or leg armour. Looks pretty good as long as it's noticeable

Gold helmets - i don't really like this look but i've seen a lot of people use it

When i painted my command squad i decided to paint their helmets part green & part black, like so:

Which i think would make a nice sergeant marking.

If i had actually planned my army properly, instead of just painting stuff like a goon then i probably would have used this :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts