Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting together a 1500-2000 point SM army. I would like to eventually like to get up the 2000 mark so I can play in one of the escalation leagues down at the LGS.

I am not looking for something that is a must win at all costs army, but can remain competitive against an array of different armys.

Currently I have 2 sets of the Black Reach SM's, a SM Battleforce, and an extra Rhino.

This comes out to:

2x Space Marine Captains
30 Tactical Marines
10 Terminators
2 Dreadnoughts
1 SM Combat Squad
1 SM Assault Squad
5 Scouts
2 Rhinos

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I need to add please share. I want to try to keep it affordable but I am willing to buy a few things.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I assume you've got a codex?

Your best bet is to look through it and make an army list you like, then post it on the army list board. The guys there should be able to give you suggestions on how to improve your list.

Have you got a chapter in mind yet?

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I would reccomend getting some other arms for one of your dreads, and a drop pod for one too. Since Meltas are only good in close range :p.
I would also reccomend either a couple of Vindicators or Predators, or one of each.

It already looks like a nice army, also, if you haven't got the codex, I would get it ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a copy of the codex. I have been going though trying to decide what to add but I don't want to waste money on something that will end up collecting dust.

As for the chapter I decided to go with regular smurfs. I have read some of the fluff and they appeal to me the most. I also like the color scheme which makes painting easier.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Razorbacks - they also have the Rhino top included.. But if you're getting into Space Marines, at some point you will want Razorbacks.

Predators - build them with the autocannon and TL Las sponsons.

Speeders - magnatize them so you can have either the Typhoon or the HF/MM variety.

If you want to run termies, buy a Land Raider Redeemer... that's pretty much the most fun option....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts