Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact you can't purchase Jump Packs for the Command Squad when you can purchase bikes?

Granted, as a Raven Guard player I'm incredibly biased, but the only similar parallel I can find the codex is the Techmarine, and I'm not going to argue for a jump pack on his already overloaded backpack. (Though the more I think about it, that might look awesome. Pretty please?)

I'm guessing the issue arises from the Command Squads potential for being quite a shooty unit, and having a shooty unit on top of impassable terrain might upset some people. Naturally this logic falls down as soon as you consider skimmers.

I'm genuinely at a loss with this one, so I'm just going to curl up in the corner with the Kauyon supplement and see if I missed a page.

Overall I'm very happy playing Raven Guard, this is just a niggle I thought I'd get out there. Thoughts please!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Try mixing in a small Blood Angels force, their command squads can take jump packs. That way you won't be missing them.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Except our Command squads have mandatory Champions and Priests, which doesn't suit many people considering the Champion's lack of wargear options.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh. Champions. Bleugh.

I'd happily fork out more points for a better champion, but forcing challenges on a standard veteran marine with +1 WS when there's almost guaranteed to be better challenge fighters in the combat makes zero sense to me.

But like you said, very fortunately not mandatory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts