Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started collecting an Imperial Fists space marines army, and have decided to opt for a green colour for their eyes, instead of the regular red . . .

Just wonderin whether anyone else had any ideas on what colours / schemes I could use, a lighter colour or a darker, and also on how I might go about actually carrying out these ideas - basically, I simply cant paint the eyes (THAT SMALL!) to save my life! :)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
ok im going to assume you have primed the model white as its an imperial fist , so i would simply use a green wash on a small brush and flood the eye socket area of the helmet, the wash should dry dark in the recess creating shade and lighter in the middle. that should give you a green eye, you could get flash and add a spot of black in the corner then a spot of white on top of the black which will look like reflected light but that may be too difficult if your struggling with eyes. I dont want to sound condescending but have you got a very small brush? i mean 5/0 or even 10/0, not GW fine detail i mean a real artists small brush? alot of people say you dont need one because you can get a fine point on larger brushes, thats true but i personally think a super fine brush gives you far more control over the amount of paint you are applying.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you water down your paints (till basically like water) then you can slightly paint over the edges, but building up a higher concentration of color near the centre of the eye for a glowing effect. if you have the patience! haha

·
Registered
87 Posts
also, if you did the glowing method, i'd suggest scorpion green (or a vallejo alternative) because its bright enough to depict some sort of glow.

hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts