10 tac marines 205 Drop pod: Rocket

10 Dev marines 265 Drop pod: 4 Rocket

Command squad 115 Drop pod: Apoth
Pedro kantor (in above squad) 175

ermm drop formation (forgot name) 100

2415 total points

LIke the title says this is a drop pod listand is for use against orks in a large apocalypse game. It uses an apocalypse formation (of which I forgot the name) but its a deepstriking one. In the large game my brother (also plays SM) Will be teaming up with me. For the main game the Devs will probably have lazcannons instead of rockets (because of that damn stompa). Also hoping to add some termies and dreads to the list! Anyway thanks in advance for any comments and tips!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't know what apoc games you play, but i see a lot of high AV vehicles. you won't pop them with just the ML. get some melta. If your goal is the stompa, then use the super heavy land raider. I can't remember the name but its got 5 las cannons. three of them are twinlinked.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Land Raider Ultra or something

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my block of writing did say I'll be most likely changing ML for the Lascannons. My brother is bringing 4000 points to the table so most likely he will be bringing the heavy armoured stuff, I'm bringing the drop force...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
only problem is th emarines will only be able to rapid fire and also you wont be able to fire your heavy wepaons the turn you come in because it counts as disembarking. so that sucks, oh and really your going to take rocket launchers in a appocalypse game. i hope no one has a landraider. ha ha or even worse a monolith. i would consider reconstructing this list before you run it or even test it out under challenging senarios. if you think about it your marines wont get saves by anything SD which unfortunately is a lot of formations in apoc, not to menchin thats not a lot of stuff for 2500. your better off sending dreads in drop pods because the chances they will kill something useful is higher than those marines. besides atleast they can move and still fire their heavy weapons. God i did get a good chuckle at this list though. linbreaker formation is better for killing well just about anything and they sure as hell will kill more ork than your list. just buy vindicators and take them in a line breaker. apoc blast template SD.

hope your brother can carry the team for you. ha ha, best of luck.
ps. im only hard on you because your a loyalist.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i did read the lascannon update. but still take in consideration that your squad wont be able to fire the turn they come in.

·
Registered
192 Posts
wow a 3 element skyhammer orbital strike force nice that would kick some serous ass with the deathwind missle laurnchers in every pod i feel sorry for the horde army that this drops next 2, imagine the second turn jesus, anyway this will nicely accompany my 9k list of tanks terms and asm anyone who says that is not goin to be effective obviosly dont play appoc that much im willing to record the game step by step so you all can see exactly the outcome of the game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts