Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetical which has probably already been discussed but which the search tool has yet to find:

I wish to deploy my Chaplain in power armor with a squad of Terminators from reserve using the Deep Strike rules. Would they be able to teleport in without a drop pod even though the Chaplain is in Terminator armor? Or would the Chaplain have to take Terminator armor?

Also, would just like a confirmation, Terminators are allowed to deploy via drop pod, counting as 2 models.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
No, he'd have to be in Termy armor.

Also, would just like a confirmation, Terminators are allowed to deploy via drop pod, counting as 2 models.
Depends on the codex you're using.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Codex: Space Marines 5th ed.

Good ol' 'nilla Marines!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Codex: Space Marines 5th ed.

Good ol' 'nilla Marines!
Then a squad of terminators cannot take a drop pod as it isn't listed as a dedicated transport for them.

But, an IC or SC in terminator armor that is attached to a squad of standard marines can use a drop pod, he just counts as 2 models for transport capacity.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Then a squad of terminators cannot take a drop pod as it isn't listed as a dedicated transport for them.

But, an IC or SC in terminator armor that is attached to a squad of standard marines can use a drop pod, he just counts as 2 models for transport capacity.
I believe this is the answer he was looking for.

For your first question, OP, I believe that would only work if he had a Jump Pack, allowing him to DS.
I don't think that in this instance, you would be able to use a Teleport Homer though, not sure on that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts