Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I am trying to get back into 40k after not playing for 10(ish) years, so I have a question about the SM chapter tactics. Those either weren't around when I played before, or they were house ruled out by the guys I played with, so I'm a little uncertain about them.

My main question is this: do units that have the rule Chapter Tactics, with nothing in parenthesis, just count for whatever chapter their formation is? I.e. if I play Iron Hands (who don't have any units that specifically say Chapter Tactics (Iron Hands)), would my Tactical Squad or Scouts or whatever benefit from their Chapter Tactics? Or would no one? It would seem like they should, but I'd rather make sure before buying and painting an entire army.

Thanks for any help!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yep - you pick a detachment and formation, you pick a set of Chapter Tactics (in your case, Iron Hands) and you can bring anything that doesn't have Chapter Tactics (not-Iron Hands, i.e. Crusader Squads or Vulkan He'stan).

In broad terms, you pretty much pick a Chapter Tactic and every non-vehicle unit in your army gets that Chapter Tactic (there are some exceptions but let's not muddy the waters).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts