Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an easy querry for the veteran SM players of 5th Ed.

1: Can hellfire rounds be used with bolt pistols?

2: Can Sternguard special ammo be used with storm bolters?

3: I assume combi-weapons still count as standard bolters for all intents and purposes when not using the affixed melta/flamer/plasma and can thus use special ammunitions without any concerns with the RAW, correct?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
"each Boltgun armed modal in a Sternguard Veterant squad automatically comes with several special ammunition types." (pg63 - Marien codex)

You have the have a BOLTGUN to even have the special ammo. However a combi-weapon does count as a Boltgun as shown here; "Combi-weapons are bolters"(pg97 - Marine codex)

So it's a No, No, yes tho only to bolter shots and not plasma/melta/flamer weapons (no flamers wounding on 2+)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just looked over the SM codex again. Must've skimmed the hellfire rounds entry :whistle: I need to read more carefully sometimes...

As for the super-flamer/melta/plasma, yeah I kinda figured that much out on my own :p

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I just looked over the SM codex again. Must've skimmed the hellfire rounds entry :whistle: I need to read more carefully sometimes...

As for the super-flamer/melta/plasma, yeah I kinda figured that much out on my own :p

Thanks for the clarification.
no worrys. we all miss things like that form time to time:eek:k:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.