Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my friends and I play a game I call "The Guantlet" Its two 1750 (for 3500 total) point armies vs. one 2500 point army. I'm the one 2500 point army this time. I'm facing an eldar/IG force. Here's what I have as a tentative list. No one's ever won the gauntlet, (only 1 could even really say he survived it :grin:) so I really want to come out on top.

I'm using Tigurius from the Ultramarines, but I am allowed to use any character in the codex(any chapter).

HQ-
Master w/PW, - 105 (I may have that wrong

Tigurius and 5man Command Squad (2 Meltas, Drop Pod, FOTD and MOH, Vt Sg with PF, frags) 310

Elite
2 drop podded dreads 135 x 2 (270)
1 6man squad Termies, 2 Assault Cannons 240

Troop-
5 5man squad with Rocket, PlasGun, Razor with TwinLC, - 185x 5 (925)

Fast
2x 6 man Jump Inf 2 PlasPs 142 x2 (284)

Heavy -
2 Whirlwinds, HK missles 100 x 2 - 200
1 Vindicator 125

2499 Points Total

Okay I'm holding 1-3 VP locations. They have to take the main VP location in order to get a major victory. My plan is to hunker down in my Deployment zone and let them advance into mine fields placed by the Whirlwinds (especially thoes harlies). The Drop Pod squads are for hitting armor that sits back. The Vindicator is to shoot at anything that Deepstrikes in behind my lines (the IG player loves to do that) The Jump Inf is for counter assaults and the termies for shooting anything thats getting to close to the regular troops. Captain to help keep those guns firing from undermanned Tac squads. Tigurius is to hit Heavy Weapons squads who sat back with the tanks with FOTD. My Razorbacks are mostly to help create choke points to force his troops through. (So I could free up 100 points by chaning them to rhinos, but for what?) I expect a decent amount of cover to hide my troops in, and I have very little idea as to what the eldar guy is bringing. Any feedback is useful. Thank you for reading through this, and responding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so no response from anyone? This is a perfect "Help, I'm out-pointed by 500 points and its 2 armies vs. one" list?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Give your master a bolt pistol if he hasn't already got one. It's a shot and an extra attack for one point, which you have spare. Sorry but I don't have anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts