Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanna try and build a competitive list and after looking through the forums i've came up with this.

HQ: 100

Librarian, Null Zone, Avenger

Elite: 250

2x Rifleman Dreanoughts

Troops: 855

Tac Squad, LC, Flamer, Razor TL Las

Tac Squad, ML, Flamer, Razor TL Las

Scout Squad, 4x Sniper, 1x ML, CC

Fast: 180

1x LS Typhoon

1x LS Typhoon

Heavy: 365

Predator Auto Las

Predator Auto Las

Vindicator, SS

Total:1750

Right that's it, was thinking about swicthing 1 of the RB's to TL AC for some anti horde but not too sure at the min, anyway any thoughts on it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Librarian, Null Zone, Avenger
Decent choice, should do you pretty well; since the powers aren't set in stone, theres always room to change those if you feel they aren't working for you.

2x Rifleman Dreanoughts
Good selection, decent long range, medium volume, strong shots for transport and light armour busting while your preds deal with heavier armour.

Tac Squad, ML, Flamer, Razor TL Las
I'd suggest getting power weapons and meltabombs on these squads, if only because the flamers will put you in or very close to charging distance and its much better to be the one doing the charging with a few attacks that ignore saves rather then be charged and none of your attacks do.

Maybe even consider swapping one or two flamers out for meltaguns and getting powerfists to compliment them.
Scout Squad, 4x Sniper, 1x ML, CC
Good choice, wouldn't change a thing, maybe even consider getting another scout or two to increase your chances of doing damage.

1x LS Typhoon

1x LS Typhoon
Not bad, similar to the riflemen but can be more focused on medium armour.

Predator Auto Las

Predator Auto Las
Already praised these as good choices before, rather like the working in pairs you have for your shooting threats; makes them that much more deadly because a single lucky salvo will not silence all your firepower.

Vindicator, SS
This vehicle kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. It needs to get in close, and without a twin one good shots brings it down and there goes that threat of its cannon. Since you already have to auto-las preds I'd suggest dropping this thing for the points to toss upgrades on your tactical squads and possibly even a third land speeder, or maybe a pair of multi-melta land speeders or twin heavy bolter land speeders.

All in all though, looking pretty good. I would not be terribly surprised if most other posts either offer little more or only really work as complete revisions that essentially destroy what you have here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys lads and the + rep also thanks to darkreever for the big break down.

Onto the vindi I was a bit iffy about using it but then thought of having it for some anti horde type stuff, maybe keep it hidden for a turn or 2 then bring it out for when cc units are comin across the board n try n drop the s 10 pie plate on em.

Only started 40k in march so not got loads of experience yet but the games when i've used the vindi it's just annihilated stuff, i'll give it a whirl n see how it does.

But yeah thx once again lads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts