Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I seem to recall Keith Robertson used white glue mixed with a bit of green paint. For the "drip", he simply attached a hair and drizzled the paint/glue concoction along it's length in a few layers...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to recall Keith Robertson used white glue mixed with a bit of green paint. For the "drip", he simply attached a hair and drizzled the paint/glue concoction along it's length in a few layers...
You sure because the slime is translucent on the picture. Maybe if I added some varnish to the mix and use the glue to keep it hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hot glue gun can get that effect, mix in some inks/food colouring etc. Takes a fair amount of practice to get the hang of though, so test on sprues/junk models first of all.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
You sure because the slime is translucent on the picture. Maybe if I added some varnish to the mix and use the glue to keep it hard.
White/craft/wood glue SHOULD dry translucent- Hence why you add the hint of green to it.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
You could give Water Effects a try. Liquid resin is pretty ubiquitous for these sort of things. Also, applying gloss varnish to the areas that are supposed to look wet works quite well.

Finally, if you've got a heat gun handy, melting a couple spare flying base stems and drizzling them from the mouth after you've finished painting the piece will work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts