Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you Wake Up and find a Codex Open on your bed (I Fell Asleep making an Eldar lsit... god their boring :p)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lol yep been there too. Had to keep forcing myself over and over to read the 2 former codexes since I faced them so much. Took a number of sitting and falling asleeps before I got there since I do all my offline reading in bed.

I'll go out on a limb and say that in a year's time I still won't have picked up and attempted to read any of the new Eldar codex. Haven't even looked at the pictures. They're still just as girly, and remain requiring to be purged from existence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoops... i posted new topic instead of new reply.. stil finding my way round site!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Well, speaking of the new Eldar...

I wanted to start them before I knew about the knew 'dex comming out in a few months (back then). Buuuut then the new dex and crapload of new models came out and i knew if i started them...It would appear as though i was hoping on the band wagon.

So im going Space Marines! I have found the light of the Emperor!

·
Registered
226 Posts
you would make a good xeno hunter "cant understand !!! must kill what i cant understand!!!"

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i have fallen asleep reading codexes. my friends call me a friek because i no longer study my codex (imperial guard) instead i study every other codex.
i probably will get to the stage where they wont wont to play against me because i know every dirty trick they can throw at me. but though i am still going to study them regardless

·
Registered
656 Posts
yep, I always set mine down and turn off the light...I hate making lists :aggressive:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Strangely,

I too fell asleep with the eldar codex and trying to make a list.
They are actually an interesting army, because there is no way you can assemble a large force. You actually need to have different units performing different roles, shooting, holding, assault and a lot of their units are underwhelming. The standout unit is the Fire Prism, but otherwise there are a LOT of choices and options.

I think they aren't boring, they are intrigiung. And I'm looking forward to Eldar after orks. The ork force ends up so big and too much painting.

And the "faerie" notion of Eldar isn't fair either. Sure toughness 3 is instant kill paradise, but their tanks are cool and aspect warriors potentially very tough.

And they can be painted nicely with a whole range of color options.

OTG

·
Registered
223 Posts
sleep is that before or after ur eys start to bleed from the tv, warhammer, pc and other stuff......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts