Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

321 - 340 of 384 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I don't want them to look exceptionally ornate, but I do want some details that set them apart from the loyalists/Space Wolf bits they're made of.
I don't know that would go for exceptionally ornate, but definitely ornate. Baroque detailing is one of the best, most distinctive parts of chaos.

·
3,351 Posts
Apparently the star of this photo is Folgers.
And purple marines. ;)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
So shadowy you can't see large chunks of their bodies/the ones whose bodies you can see has shadow-hidden limbs & heads.

*ear is whispered in a bit* what, putting them togeth-

Ohh...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Those bloodcrushers look totally terrifying, and your shadow warriors look pretty good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress shots with them.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Those bloodcrushers look totally terrifying, and your shadow warriors look pretty good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress shots with them.
Thanks! I painted the eyes white in preparation for the lime green lenses, and a light brown as a base for the white of the horns. Oh, and painted the grenades army green and dagger sheathes with a mix of Khorne red and rhinox hide.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Mate they look really dark and evil, great work! I think they'd make an awesome allied force for your daemons, and I'd particularly like to play against them all on a crowded cityscape or zone mortalis spaceship!

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Thanks very much!

I'm thrilled with how good the transfers look. At first I expected them to be the same as GW's, i.e. the graphic itself is the transfer. With these, the entire top layer itself is the transfer, and the graphics are printed on top of that. With some careful blade work I cut between the spider's legs so the thing would conform to the rounded shoulderpads.

I then used a two-part softening/setting solution and the turned out as seen above.

Next step is shading!

·
3,351 Posts

·
3,351 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Haven't had too much time to paint lately, but I've just about finished with the washes for my first squad of Penumbris Shadows.

Here's the aspiring champion, Sarkon:

The effect isn't showing up very well with the flash in this picture, but IMO it looks much better in person.

Next step is highlights, then weathering and I'm done with 'em!

321 - 340 of 384 Posts