Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

261 - 280 of 384 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I wonder what a graph of your juggernaut possession over time would look like. I suspect it would be pretty damn linear.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I wonder what a graph of your juggernaut possession over time would look like. I suspect it would be pretty damn linear.
I can just see the brass stampede info graphic coming together. =)

·
3,351 Posts
I would love to see those trend lines . . . With the increase in juggers the is a direct correlation to the amount of skulls reaped.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Finally painting my juggerspawn. I view them sorta like a pack of wolves; different colors and such, not a uniform scheme. I think I'll probably settle on 5 or 6 different schemes to use among all the juggers in my entire army, as this way there will be some cohesion at least and perhaps they could be considered "breeds" based on color.

Here is my work on the first:

Still a bit of work to go, but I'm liking it so far.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Also sending out packs of one breed or another makes it easy to delineate which Jugger belongs to which units in close combat, I suppose.

·
3,351 Posts
That's looking excellent. I think the silver is a bit too bright still, but I know this is WIP.

Perhaps small touches of another accent color would also help. Maybe a little Verdigris?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Also sending out packs of one breed or another makes it easy to delineate which Jugger belongs to which units in close combat, I suppose.
Definitely a part of it. With all of the fuckers on the table it will make things easy.

That's looking excellent. I think the silver is a bit too bright still, but I know this is WIP.

Perhaps small touches of another accent color would also help. Maybe a little Verdigris?
I plan to wash the Boltgun Metal with some Nuln Oil, and verdigris is gonna happen! I just don't wanna overdo it as I'm prone to doing.

·
3,351 Posts
Awesome. I'm looking forward to Juggernauts of Pamplona.

·
3,351 Posts
If you ever make it to armies on parade or whatever, that should be your army diorama display board.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Take that screaming peasant from the WHF Giant set...

I think you have enough Juggers to really let yourself run wild. Bone-colored Juggers, Copper Juggers rusting heavily green...

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
If you ever make it to armies on parade or whatever, that should be your army diorama display board.
That sounds really awesome, actually.

Take that screaming peasant from the WHF Giant set...

I think you have enough Juggers to really let yourself run wild. Bone-colored Juggers, Copper Juggers rusting heavily green...
I think in your honor I will actually paint a couple bone colored. I love the running peasant, but I'd prefer a Tau or Eldar :grin:.

Here are some updated shots:

I painted over the raised areas with another layer of Balthasar Gold, washed the Boltgun Metal and some of the brass recesses/damage with Nuln Oil, washed the head plate with Agrax Earthshade and then re-painted it with Mephiston Red other than the recesses, and painted a couple layers of Bloodletter Glaze into the runes:

I'm gonna paint some more orange into the runes, clean up the brass surrounding them, paint the eyes, highlight everything, and then I think that should do it!

*edit* Oh yes, the verdigris! That too.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
That looks really good! Great contrast and clear painting - Good job man :good:

I would probably give it a drybrush of Runelord Brass to give that metal a extra pop, but it's purely a subjective matter. The metals are quite good on the current model.

I'm always a bit 50/50 in terms of verdigris. I've always seen it as a good supplement to aged tanks and Nurgle units - Not Khorne units. A Juggernaut is freshly forged in the Warp, emerging to do battle and then going back into the warp. A what time would it have time to actually develop verdigris? It seems.. like a unnecessary step unless your going for a weathered version of the model.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
That looks really good! Great contrast and clear painting - Good job man :good:

I would probably give it a drybrush of Runelord Brass to give that metal a extra pop, but it's purely a subjective matter. The metals are quite good on the current model.

I'm always a bit 50/50 in terms of verdigris. I've always seen it as a good supplement to aged tanks and Nurgle units - Not Khorne units. A Juggernaut is freshly forged in the Warp, emerging to do battle and then going back into the warp. A what time would it have time to actually develop verdigris? It seems.. like a unnecessary step unless your going for a weathered version of the model.
Thanks dude! And you make a good point about the verdigris. I dunno about the logistics of oxidation taking place, I just like the contrasting bit of color :crazy:.

·
3,351 Posts
I certainly see the fluff logic. When I suggested it, it was entirely about the contrast.

261 - 280 of 384 Posts