Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i actually don't play chaos, but i love them and im thinking of getting them as a second army. i know all about them. here's a list i like.

lash prince
wings

summoned greater deamon

noise marines x6
champion w/ power weapon and doom siren
6x sonic blasters
rhino

noise marines x6
6x sonic blasters
rhino

noise marines x6
4x sonic blasters
blast master
rhino

defiler
all close combat arms

defiler
all close combat arms

oblitz x3

so the defilers are running forward and either stopping to blast at some nicely lashed units or just rushing forward. the one group of noise with the blast master either sitting still to shoot a blast or moving and shooting the assault 2 frequency. the greater deamon going where ever he is needed. and the oblitz taking down the other stuff or plasma cannoning the lashed up targets. i wanted to keep it fluffy without loosing a lot of power.

what do you think?

·
Registered
941 Posts
good army for a non-choas player! 1 change, though!:p I'd put a blast master in each of the first 2 noise marine squad! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
indeed, good started list, though i'd drop the Greater Daemon, give your Champs a PF for walker/MC/tank hunting and increase the number of NM's in each squad.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If you gonna take the greater daemon, dont make 1 of the champs so expensive as one of them HAS to die. So your paying alot of points for someone who you know is gonna die, drop the power weapon and siren on 1 of them as use the points to... i dont know... updrade one of the other units?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you gonna take the greater daemon, dont make 1 of the champs so expensive as one of them HAS to die. So your paying alot of points for someone who you know is gonna die, drop the power weapon and siren on 1 of them as use the points to... i dont know... updrade one of the other units?
i would maybe drop a power weapon but i don't know where im going to need him the most, the point was that i could put him in any of the units.

also, im using power weapons instead of fist's because i want to make use of the Int5.

and they are only 6 strong because Slaanesh's holy number is 6. it's all about the fluff. without the fluff what's the point in playing? If i wanted a competitive list i would do nurgle and khorne with lash princes and defilers, and maybe a vindicator. that way i have perfect assault troops, zerkers, and double melta, plague, and lash princes to put the enemy where i want them so i can blast the hell out of them with defielrs and vindicators plus move his troops closer to the zerkers. that makes no sense fluff wise but it's the most spammed chaos list out there. i like the fluff and thats the point of the list, plus it still works to play with, having decent anti infantry in troops and decent anti tank with the defilers and oblitz and princes. it's functional and fluffy. just the way i like it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Your list is pretty good dude, but i would take off the greater daemon and keep the NMs squads a bit cheaper; take max 2 or 3 sonic blasters on your squads for removing casualities and don't mix weapons, the doom siren/blastmaster combo usually nullifies one of those weapons effectiveness, you should only choose one of the two, depends on your plan for the squad.

try something like:

6 NMs
-1 Sonic B, 1 Blastmaster
-Rhino
TOT 200 pts

general set up for camper units; only 2 people can fire out of the rhino, that's the cause of 1SB and 1BM, usually this squad don't leave it unless it will be destroyed.

6 NMs
-2 Sonic B, Champ w/ Pfist, Doom Siren, Personal Icon
-Rhino
TOT 230

general set up for CC units; as Inquisitor Malaclypse suggested before Pfist is for MCs/tanks/IC hunting (and you don't whant to being locked in CC with something you can't defeat), icon in case you need to deepstrike oblits; usually i run 2 of this squad at 8man strong for more CC impact but i see your point on fluff.

With all these changes you'll spare some pts to spend elsewere (sorry don't have the time for math!)

Hope this helps! good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts