Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question that began to bug me yesterday, hopefully someone will have an adequate answer. Apologies if something has been posted elsewhere.

I understand that chaos transcends time and space, but how, if the Prince of Pleasure was created, essentially, by the Eldar, how can he also exist in the Warhammer universe? surely that is too solid a link between the two systems?

Any thoughts?

Rev

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
It's also stated that because of the nature of the Warp although he was created at a point in time he has also existed from the start of time.

That aside, the Warhammer and WH40K universes have been separated now as different.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the eldars fall was way before fantasy

·
Registered
594 Posts
By "Warhammer", do you mean Warhammer fantasy?

If so, then there are one of two explanations.

1. The two universes are totally separate from each other, meaning Fantasy Slaanesh has a different creation story.

2. Warhammer Fantasy takes place on a lost human world cut off from the rest of the galaxy by a warpstorm.

Knowing nothing at all about Warhammer fantasy, those are my two best guesses.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Whilst the above are correct in saying that the Fantasy and 40,000 settings are seperate, a common interpretation of the similarities of both settings is that they are seperate dimensions interlinked only by the Warp (thus explaining the cross-over of the same Chaos Gods/Daemon Characters etc). Its not necessarily correct (in which case Slaanesh and Chaos itself has a completely different creation tale and tale in general in Fantasy compared to 40k), but it is nonetheless probably the most commonly accepted theory.

Also take into account that whilst from the material universe's perspective Slaanesh was largely created by the Eldar Empire, from the warp's perspective Chaos is eternal and transcends time and space, thus Slaanesh has always existed and yet at the same time has never existed. This is a way to bypass and justify such an issue.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys. I know nothing about the modern Warhammer Fantasy background. It was just an anomaly I was thinking about when I was reading the CSM codex the other day, as I understand that 40k and fantasy are completely separate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts