Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my Slaanesh Cult, I want a themed and fast army, here it goes, all comments welcome but keep it with the theme, so no "give the marauders MoK" or "Give the sorcerer 3rd Eye of Tzeentch".

Slaanesh Cult

Cultist Leader (Exalted)
-MoS
-Shield
-Whip of Subversion, Favor of the Gods, Dragon Helm
Tot: 160
=Joins Devoted Cultists=

Cultist Priest (Sorcerer)
-Lvl2, MoS
-Spell Familiar
Tot: 145
=Joins Savage Cultists=

18 Devoted Cultists (Warriors)
-Halberds, Shields
-Standard Bearer, Musician
-MoS
Tot: 334

40 Savage Cultists (Marauders)
-GW
-FC
-MoS
Tot: 230

10 War Hounds
Tot: 60

10 War Hounds
Tot: 60

5 Mounted Savage Cultists (Marauder Horsemen)
-Light Armor, Spears, Throwing Axes
-MoS
-Musician
Tot: 101

-MoS
-Musician

-MoS
-Musician

Hellcanon
Tot: 205

Total: 1497

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
It's not bad. I'd cut at least one unit of Warhounds, and at least one unit of Marauder Horsemen, and see if you can't get another unit of Warriors. I'd drop a model from both the Marauder and the Warrior units, since you're going to put characters in those units, and you don't want stragglers-- it just turns into an extra cannon or bolt thrower casualty.

Warhounds aren't something you're ever going to actually get a lot of mileage out of. A unit of 10 can intercept enemy fast cavalry well enough, but that's about it. That being said, I always bring a couple units of 5 Warhounds, because they're dirt cheap and you can use them to gain a deployment advantage. Basically, they go down first, and (theoretically) that means your opponent ends up placing two units they actually care about before you place your first unit you're actually forming a battle plan around. 5 Warhounds also make decent flankers and war machine hunters-- they're non-threatening enough that a lot of times, opponents will ignore them until it's too late. If the opponent does shoot at them to stop them from jumping on a war machine, then those are shots that aren't going into your Warriors, and that's what's really important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.