Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I my goal is to do a Slaanesh CSM army with Daemons Allies. I didn't bought the Slaanesh Mark for everyone (not usefull in every case) but I will paint all the army as the God of Pleasure colors. Here is the list:

Daemons Allies:

HQ: Keeper of Secrets (1#, 240 pts)
. . 1 Keeper of Secrets (HQ) [cd], = (DR: Greater Rewards x1 + Psyker (Mastery Level 3) )

Troops: Daemonettes of Slaanesh (10#, 90 pts)
. . 10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh (Troops) [cd],

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince (1#, 310 pts)
. . 1 Daemon Prince (Heavy) [cd], = (DG: Daemonic Flight + DG: Warp-forged Armour + DR: Greater Rewards x1 + Psyker (Mastery Level 3)) + DA: Daemon of Slaanesh

Chaos Space Marines

HQ: Daemon Prince (1#, 310 pts)
. . 1 Daemon Prince, = (Power Armour + Wings + Increase Mastery Level x2 + Daemon of Slaanesh)
. . . . 1 The Black Mace

HQ: Chaos Lord (1#, 80 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord, 80 pts = (Mark of Slaanesh)

Troops: Noise Marines (10#, 240 pts)
. . 9 Noise Marines,= Blastmaster x2
. . . . 1 Noise Champion

Troops: Chaos Cultists (18#, 82 pts)
. . 17 Chaos Cultists,
. . . . 1 Cultist Champion,

Troops: Chaos Cultists (11#, 54 pts)
. . 10 Chaos Cultists,

Fast Attack: Heldrake (1#, 170 pts)
. . 1 Heldrake,

Heavy Support: Havocs (5#, 115 pts)
. . 4 Havocs,= Autocannon x4
. . . . 1 Aspiring Champion,

Heavy Support: Obliterator (3#, 210 pts)
. . 3 Obliterator,

: Aegis Defence Lines (2#, 100 pts)
. . 1 Aegis Defence Lines,
. . . . 1 Gun Emplacement= Quad-Gun x1

What do you think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow. I gotta say, this list was pretty confusing to read. It's really not necessary to write all special rules and standard wargear for every unit. This just leaves the reader with the challenge of figuring out what you actually bought for the particular unit.

In my experience, having just the Heldrake as anti-air is not enough. Since you plan on using a ADL, why not buy a Quad-Gun? You can have your Chaos Lord man the gun. His BS 5 along with re-rolls pretty much results in 4 hits every time.

The MOS on the Oblits is a waste of points.

Regarding the Noise Marines, I would personally not put a Doom Siren on the Champ, as he will very rarely have use of it. I only use it if I run a close combat oriented Noise squad.

Which psychic diciplines are you planning on using?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I edit the list, I think it will be better to read now.

The MoS on the Obli was a mistake and I forget the Quad Gun. I took off the Sirene and Sonic Blaster to find the point for the Quad Gun.

For the magic, Biomancy, Telekinesis and Slaanesh. I was thinking to put the Mastery Level down to 2 for everyone, that's can give me 50 points to take more Cultist and do 2 groupes of 5 Noise Marines, not only one of 10 mens, or do something else. What do you think?

The plan is to leave the Noise and the Lord on the ADL, the Lord firing the Quad Gun. Maybe leave the Cultist to Outflank.

·
Registered
358 Posts
first off u will get told off by the forum god for putting all the points down (they dont like that )
as for the list

if your noise marines are standing still for the most part i would say invest in the sonic blasters there since salvo 2/3 bolters that remove cover , i would also try to get a black mace on that deamon prince will make him a monster in combat to free up the point i would say drop an oblitarator and make the guys 2 units of 1 as there not fearless also not sure if u have the points spare but change that lord to the good man lucius hes only like 80 point more than urse and can do somthin (just dont stick him near stuff with 2+)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i would also try to get a black mace on that deamon prince will make him a monster in combat
I believe he's already using this. Big fan of this artefact.

first off u will get told off by the forum god for putting all the points down (they dont like that )
True! You better remove the itemized points cost. Just use total points. This is a legal issue, I believe. GW doesn't want people knowing the points costs of things, without having bought the codices!

List is much easier to read now, thanks :) I think it will fare rather nicely, however as you point out yourself, you do have a lot of points tied up in additional mastery levels. I think it's a good idea to decrease them to 2 and add noise marines, as you suggested!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After making some change, i come up with this:

Total Roster Cost: 1998

HQ: Keeper of Secrets (1#, 215 pts)
. . 1 Keeper of Secrets (HQ) [cd] = (DR: Greater Rewards x1 + Psyker (Mastery Level 2))

Troops: Daemonettes of Slaanesh (10#, 90 pts)
. . 10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh (Troops) [cd],

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince (1#, 285 pts)
. . 1 Daemon Prince (Heavy) [cd],=DG: Daemonic Flight + DG: Warp-forged Armour + DR: Greater Rewards x1 + Psyker (Mastery Level 2) + DA: Daemon of Slaanesh

HQ: Daemon Prince (1#, 310 pts)
. . 1 Daemon Prince,= (Power Armour + Wings + Increase Mastery Level x2 + Daemon of Slaanesh)
. . . . 1 The Black Mace,

HQ: Chaos Lord (1#, 80 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord,= (Mark of Slaanesh)

Troops: Noise Marines (6#, 154 pts)
. . 5 Noise Marines,= Blastmaster x1 + Sonic Blaster x4
. . . . 1 Noise Champion,

Troops: Noise Marines (5#, 125 pts)
. . 4 Noise Marines,= Blastmaster x1
. . . . 1 Noise Champion,

Troops: Chaos Cultists (18#, 82 pts)
. . 17 Chaos Cultists,

Troops: Chaos Cultists (13#, 62 pts)
. . 12 Chaos Cultists,

Fast Attack: Heldrake (1#, 170 pts)
. . 1 Heldrake,

Heavy Support: Havocs (5#, 115 pts)
. . 4 Havocs,= Autocannon x4
. . . . 1 Aspiring Champion,

Heavy Support: Obliterator (3#, 210 pts)
. . 3 Obliterator,

: Aegis Defence Lines (2#, 100 pts)
. . 1 Aegis Defence Lines,
. . . . 1 Gun Emplacement= Quad-gun

I low down to mastery level 2 everyone, and I change the 10 Noise Marines in 6 Noise Marines with Blastmaster and Sonic Blaster and 5 Noise Marines with Blastmaster. I also add 3 Cultists.
For lucius, I don't have anyone to go with hime to rush in close combat and he is expensive. Do you think is worst the price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts