Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LatD list has been feeling too static against my usual opponent of dark eldar. Nightshields are such a pain in the ass! They make sonic blasters near useless :(. To remedy this I've dropped the allied guard detachment in favor of a cultist blob outflanking with my lord. Two predators have been added to replace the guard's heavy weapons.

The basic strategy is to move the rhino and bikes up one flank with covering fire from the predator and havocs. The real action should be happening around turns 2 and 3 so hopefully the lord and his cultists will be joining the action by then.

To keep my troop choices alive, I've encased the noise marines in a thin rhino shell and used high priority targets. I'm hoping the predators and bikes will have a higher target priority for my enemy than my scoring units. Adding the predators and rhino instead of keeping with a 100% infantry list should hopefully keep more missile launchers(or better) from firing into my bikes and noise marine units. But I know this tactic will offer no protection from disintegrator cannons, a very painful enemy of mine.

I was considering dropping the second predator for a squad of 5 havocs w/ 4 autocannons but then I thought of AV14 and helldrakes. So it's probably best I keep both.

Chaos Lord - 150
slaanesh, mount of slaanesh, lightning claw, burning brand, melta bombs

20 Cultists - 100
2 flamers

10 Noise Marines - 296
2 blastmasters, 7 sonic blasters, rhino

6 Bikes - 219
slaanesh, 2 plasma, icon of excess, power lance, melta bombs

Predator - 115
autocannon, 2 lascannons

Predator - 115
autocannon, 2 lascannons

150 + 100 + 296 + 219 + 115 + 115
= 995

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Not much to complain about. How are you going to spend the last 5 points? Dirge caster? Meltabombs on the NM champ? Another cultist?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A dirge caster. Without my codex I couldn't remember if it would fit in the points. I never give my noise marine champions gear, they are too expensive an ablative wound as is. I always put them in front to die first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts