Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skyrars dark wolves

hi there all this is a recent list ive been running with amazing success, is a very hard army kind of like really competeive death wing:p but with a nice chaos edge on it.

i felt that the space wolves better represented my chaotic space wolf faction than the chaso space marine book ever could and is suitably blood thirsty and vicious which all chaos marines should be!

praise skyrar!

all comments and criticisms welcome!

HQ

skyrar (logan griminar). 275pts

rune priest with runic axe, storm bolter, terminator armour and wolf tail talisman. 125pts

ELITES

Lone wolf with terminator armour, chain fist and storm shield. 85pts

Lone wolf with terminator armour, chain fist and storm shield. 85pts

TROOPS

7 terminators 1 assault cannon and chain fist, 1 storm bolter and storm shield, 1 storm botler and wolf claw, 1 storm bolter and power fist, storm bolter and power weapons. 306pts

5 terminators 1 with cyclone missile launcher and chain fist, 2 with storm bolters and wolf claws, 2 with storm bolters and power weapons. 220pts

5 terminators 1 with cyclone missile launcher and chain fist, 2 with storm bolters and wolf claws, 2 with storm bolters and power weapons. 220pts

FAST ATTACK

4 thunder wolves 1 with power fist and bolt pistol, 3 with bolt pistols and cc/w's. 225pts

8 fenrisian wolves. 64pts
HEAVY SUPPORT

5 long fangs 2 with lascannons, 2 with missile launchers, pack leader with bolt pistol and cc/w. 145pts

total : 1750 points

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think it's probably a pretty good list but I think you have a number of issues.

1. Mobility
with only 2 units that can move over 6 inches, claiming objectives and outmaneuvering opponents will be hard. You make up for this by including good ranged weapons on all of them. Nevertheless it will be hard to make your opponent fight on your terms.

2. Killing heavy tanks
You have pretty good anti transport firepower. You cna remove a lot of rhinos fairly early but I fell you will struggle against av 13-14 firebases if you have to handle those in addition to transports. If your opponent has landraiders then all you have is lascannons which are really not a reliable way to kill them.

3. Target priority is easy for your opponents
Your terminators are sure lethal but they are slow moving and only really put out two missile shots at range. That means early in the game your opponent can easily focus on the things that provide a threat, The thunderwolves and the long fangs. Longfangs aren't easy to kill but every time they die you lose a valuable model so early on it's a no brainer to allocate long range light fire that would normally be going to transports on them. Also since you have no tanks there is no issue for your opponent of wjether or not they should put the high strength guns on the tanks or try to instant kill the lone wolves or whittle down the terminators with lascannons.

Overall it's pretty good but not a top list, however I don't really think loganwing is a good way to run wolves so I'm a bit biased.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts