Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been away for around a year if not more and sold all my 40k a long time ago. Now that my other hobbies are coming along I thought I'd try 40k again and this time rock out the goodness from Mars.

This is a very first list that was thrown together in a pinch, I've got 2x lists one for 700pts and the other for 1700pts, below is the larger list. So ideas behind this list is shoot, shoot and more shoot with a pinch of deepstrike and melee pokey goodness to annoy something.

HQ:-
Skitarii vanguard (6 + 1 alpha)
Arc rifle
Enhanced data tether

Skitarii alpha:-
Phosphor blast pistol
Digital weapons
Arc maul

Troops:-
Skitarii rangers (10)
Transuranic arquebus (2)
Enhanced data tether

Skitarii rangers (10)
Plasma caliver (2)
Enhanced data tether

Skitarii vanguard (10)
Enhanced data tether
Arc rifle (3)

Fast attack:-
Sydonian dragoons (3)

Ironstrider Ballistarii (3)
Twin-linked cognis las-cannons (3)

Heavy support:-
Onager duneclawler
Icarus array

Onager duneclawler
Neutron laser

Cult Mechanicus allied detachment

HQ:-
Magos Dominus
Phosphor serpenta
Eradication array
Raiment of the technomatyr

Troops:-
Kataphron breacher squad (5)
Torsion cannon (5)
Hydraulic claw (5)

(Detachment has holy requisitioner formation) (with allied detachment and additional 1693pts)

One thing I've seen is my alpha's don't have any kind of upgrades bar one, my duneclawlers have a mix of weapons (the Icarus array seems like fun for built up squads) and not a whole lot of anti-armor.

I can see my las-cannons being nuked early on and if I lose my neutron cannon I'm pretty much screwed. So thoughts (remember its an early list)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I read the skitarii codex once and made a list for fun, just to try to understand it. I don't remember much of it, but those dragoon things are pretty decent anti armour if you can get the charge. A few S7 or 8 attacks each when they charge IIRC.

Those dunecrawlers seemed like great value too. A low AP large blast from range, plasma cannon at medium range and something crazy like a S10 meltagun within 12"???

I'm no help here, I can't remember the codex very well and have no idea what the other mechanicum book has. What about those tall elite things with all the haywire attacks? I should really stick to talking about factions I know, but I vaguely remember one of the elite units having haywire capabilities on every model.

In any case I remember getting a really good impression from the skitarii book. A very unusual army with weird counters to things like armour, but it seemed like it would be lots of fun to play and a good sort of power level. If you struggle for satisfactory solutions for anti armour you could just play it safe with an imperial knight. I don't like that they're a part of the game and wish they cost more points than they do, but a single knight will cover all sorts of weaknesses a list might have and you can't say it isn't thematic for an admech army to have a knight alongside it.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The version of the list you tend to see in tournaments brings in a Blood Angels/Flesh Tearers detachment from somewhere or another that can take 6 FA slots, then fills them with 6 Drop Pods--to deliver tons of Haywire wherever it's needed very reliably, without having to start on the board and vulnerable.

Dunno how competitive or how much of a purist you want to be, but I'm certainly drooling over some of those AdMech minis, whose fluff I've been drooling over for the past dozen years. I really really don't want to start another army any time soon, but... *fingers itch*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts