Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to fix the lack of HQ choices for the Skitarii, and decided that a properly kitted out HQ division of Inquisitors using Techpriest Minis as proxies would work fine. So, here it is!

HQ

Magos Explorator (Order Malleus Inquisitor): 2 servoskulls, Powerarmor, Empyrian Brain Mines, Nemesis Daemon Hammer (Axe of Mars), Hellrifle, Tome of Vethrik (Xenotic Databases) : 114

Magos Errant (Order Xenos Inquisitor): Digital Weapons, 2 servo skulls, Power Armor, Rad Grenades. Plasma Pistol, Venom Talon (Chordclaw), Conversion Beamer : 129

Elites

Attendants (Inquisitorial Warband): 1 Arco-Flagellent (Defensive Construct), 1 Jocaero Weaponsmith (Techpriest Engineseer), 3 Servitors, 1 MultiMelta, 1 Plasma Cannon, 1 ServoArm: 125

SKITARII MANIPLE

Troops

Skitarii Ranger (x5): Alpha with Power Sword, Phosphor Pistol, Conversion Field. Troops Plasma Caliver, Transuranic Arquebus: 150

Skitarii Vanguard (x5) Alpha With Powers Sword, Arc Pistol, Conversion Field. Troops: Transuranic Arquebus, Arc Rifle: 155

Elite

Skitarii Ruststalkers (x5) Princeps w/prehensile Dataspike, Conversion Field, The Skull of Elder Nicola: 205

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ironstrider Ballistarii (x2), 2x Cognis Lascannons: 150

Onager DuneCrawler (x2), 1x icarus array, 1x Eradication Beamer, 2x Cognis Heavy Stubber: 226

MECHANICUS KNIGHT DETACHMENT

1x Knight Errant

1x Knight Paladin: 745

Total: 1999

Any comments?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Have you considered an Allied Detachment from Clan Ruakaan? (I can never spell that).

You could have a Master of the Forge and 3 Techmarines, and one squad of 'Praetorian' Skitarrii with better than human stats (required troop choice). You'd even be able to take 2 Dreadnoughts.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
honestly, i think at 2000 pts you have too few bodies. shure knight are good, but...can't win battles unsupported. I'd drop a knight and add 2 more Vanguard units.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of the lack of bodies, myself. On the other hand, it's what is in the build queue, so adding more bodies has to wait for GW to stop producing new Codexes to buy stuff for.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you considered an Allied Detachment from Clan Ruakaan? (I can never spell that).

You could have a Master of the Forge and 3 Techmarines, and one squad of 'Praetorian' Skitarrii with better than human stats (required troop choice). You'd even be able to take 2 Dreadnoughts.
It would have to be two troop choices. Raukaan is Imperial, so Same Faction, not allowed to ally. Have to be a Combined Arms Detachment. And it would cost a bit more than the ]I[ does.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
adding more bodies has to wait for GW to stop producing new Codexes to buy stuff for.
first world problems :laugh:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Skitarii Ranger (x5): Alpha with Power Sword, Phosphor Pistol, Conversion Field. Troops Plasma Caliver, Transuranic Arquebus: 150

Skitarii Vanguard (x5) Alpha With Powers Sword, Arc Pistol, Conversion Field. Troops: Transuranic Arquebus, Arc Rifle: 155
Major concern here with the mishmash of lots of points costy upgrades that don't work together for any particular battlefield role, here. Aquebuses alongside heavily kitted melee sergeants, so 60" guns alongside 12" pistols, then an arc rifle thrown in to boot... plus AP3 swords on some decidedly unimpressive melee statlines... it's kind of a muddle of upgrades that don't really have a decided role. I'd be tempted, myself, to try for (say) a squad of rangers with 2 arquebuses and a squad of vanguard with 2 arc rifles, plus a sergeant with an arc pistol and an arc maul, or something.

Onager DuneCrawler (x2), 1x icarus array, 1x Eradication Beamer, 2x Cognis Heavy Stubber: 226
Since they don't have split fire, and the icarus array all has to use skyfire, unless you're shooting at an enemy skimmer, one of your guns is going to be snapping fire while the other is performing in its designated role. Plus, well, I'm kinda under-impressed on the severely limited range on the eratication beamer, myself. I'd probably go for 2 of the same weapon on the Onager squad--and consider a 3rd Onager, since, hey, overlapping shields!

Magos Errant (Order Xenos Inquisitor): Digital Weapons, 2 servo skulls, Power Armor, Rad Grenades. Plasma Pistol, Venom Talon (Chordclaw), Conversion Beamer : 129
Ah, ordo xenos inqusitor with rad grenades. That -T to enemies is gonna be severely painful, when stacked with Vanguard, I can't help but think. Do consider taking the Pater Radium on top of the -2T the enemy will be suffering, if you mean to get stuck in with these fellows!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Since they don't have split fire, and the icarus array all has to use skyfire, unless you're shooting at an enemy skimmer, one of your guns is going to be snapping fire while the other is performing in its designated role. Plus, well, I'm kinda under-impressed on the severely limited range on the eratication beamer, myself. I'd probably go for 2 of the same weapon on the Onager squad--and consider a 3rd Onager, since, hey, overlapping shields!
I imagined they where 2 different units?

Also, about the troops...i agree. Vanguard short ranged and Ranger long ranged should be? About the swords, i'd keep them...you never know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts