Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about starting a new army for months now, but the choice Skaven or WoC is too hard, i want ded'ard killy guys, who can single any lord but also those fun things of skaven, well, I'm gonna make my choice, it's gonna be this 1500 pts skaven army, or a mono-mark warriors, probably the slaanesh cult, cause I like to dominate the movement phase with those fast things adn magic that can make someone run to a place where you want that unit to be. Here's the skaven list, Island of Blood will help greatly making this army, I want a fast army and run all over the enemy while shooting him to dead, do you guys think that I can do that with this list.

Warlord
=Shield, Warpforged Blade, Warpstone Armor=
Tot: 173

Chieftain
=BSB, AHW=
Tot: 72

Warlock Engineer
=Lvl2, Doomrocket, Warp-Energy Condenser=
Tot: 150

38 Clanrats
=Shield, Spears, Warp-Fire Thrower, FC=
<Chieftain and Warlock join this unit>
Tot: 280

39 Clanrats
=Shield, Spears, Poisoned Wind Mortar, FC=
<Warlord joins this unit>
Tot: 280

20 Slaves
=Slings=
Tot: 50

20 Slaves
=Slings=
Tot: 50

Giant Rats
=21 Rats, 2 Packmasters=
Tot: 79

Giant Rats
=21 Rats, 2 Packmasters=
Tot: 79

5 Jezzails
Tot: 100

Warp-Lightning Cannon
Tot: 90

Warp-Lightning Cannon
Tot: 90

Total: 1492

Any comments welcome, by the way I got a questiong, the WLC uses a template right, I thought it did, but perhaps I'm mistaking.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made my choice, Skaven it is, well does anybody have any comments at my list, some way to dominate the movement phase, you know making it a speedier army, I want a fast army, no footsloggin only list, my lizzie's can have the go-slow part, I watn my skaven army to be speedy adn shooty

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well there is less reason to dominate movement then there used to be in 7th since getting the charge is now much less important... but being faster will make it easier to get the right units into the right enemies and possibly getting into the flanks.

I think you'll have some trouble against high T or good armour enemies, but against elves you'll do great. Other things I would look at would be the awsome hellpit abomination, rat ogres, a Lv4 grey seer and mebbe switch to a plague mortar or 2... but they are suggestions for making this a 2k army. As it is you have a very nice start for an army.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some information, these are all possible opponents(the armies my friends play):
Lizardmen, WoC, Dwarfs, Daemons, HE, DE, O&G, VC.

I'm worried most about the dwarfs, their units are tough and not really expensive, dwarf warriors are awesome infantry for their price, adn their warmachines kill way more points then they cost(one fight with lizzie's vs dwarfs, I was lucky, the grudge thrower misfired a lot and couldn't shoot the first 3 turns, in turn 4 he killed 3 kroxigors and already made his points worht in one shot, and the cannon was horrifying, it killed 4 times its point cost, I absolutely hate those dwarfs), how do I beat those beardy fighters, with their awesome artillery to death??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts