Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like the majority of teens, I now have a skateboard. I got two (one for each house) for christmas. Only problem is that I suck at it. I just tried it out today on the street and I could barely make it up 100 yards without having to stop or something. I also tried to ollie today (I've tried it before). I was really bad. Do any skaters here have any advice or something of the like?

·
Registered
177 Posts
erm i skate every now and again but like you am rubbish at it but i can pull an ollie off. the way i learnt was to hold onto a railling and use my arms aswell as my legs also make sure tht you lift ure front foot up when you hear the snap of the tail hittin of the ground. and also juump up with the snap.

and for alot of other tricks when you attempt them just commit dont bail out in mid air ofc if you land wrong and snap ure ankle it gives you more time at GW stuff :p

wat decks did you get? i have a death deck and an american deck i cant remember wat its called cause my cousin give me it :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have one that was bought from sports authority (its a christmas present from my stepdad so I use it) and I have another one with baker wheels, and a darkstar deck. I mostly use the sports authority one (since its at my mom's house and I don't want to bring over the darkstar one since it'll hurt my stepdad's feelings), and I can barely ollie. I think I'm not snapping well enough, and it's hard for me to roll my foot up to the front of the board.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The fuck, is this 1998? Does really the majority of teens own a skateboard? Not here, at least.

Anyways, I kinda tried it many years ago, and never really liked it. The only kind of board I ever really liked was a gaming board. :grin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok for ollies your probably bending really low and then jumping high or perhaps you have bad placement.
Placement:If you want to get used to ollies then what you need to do is to place your kick foot barely on the tail closer to the bolts than the actual tail, yet still fully on the tail.
Your lead foot needs to be right behind or barely on the front bolts.
Doing it: Ok once you have your feet where they need to be what youll do is bend down and make sure your legs never get to or past a 45 degree angle so itll feel as if your barely hopping if you were to do this on your floor. Just get used to the feel of it only jumping about 5" off the ground. Now go out get on your board and do that.

What most people do is see people on skate videos bend down very low and come up to like a 3' ollie, so naturally we think oh well you bend down and come up. This misconception causes a lot of people to give up on skateboarding. What you have to do is get the motion down before you can get into the serious ollies.

Also look into getting a great quality board(im not saying anything negative about your board at all just saying) Personally my favorite board company is Enjoi they make very light strong boards with just amazing pop.(the first time i tried a kickflip on it i did a double) Krux-trucks for the win. POPWAR WHEELS!!!! i dont care what anyone says ever these are the best wheels made by man. dont get swiss bearings as you dont need to go that fast yet look into some Bones-REDS. Also black magic griptape while the best does rape your shoes like the first day so if your not into buying new shoes all the time get MOB.
OK thats my 2 cents(perhaps more) on skateboarding(i loved it but too tiring and you get hurt doing retarded shit, BMX is amazing and it gives you a much cooler feeling doing any sort of trick, though a considerably higher cost. My skateboard cost 150USD and my bike was 680USD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts