Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all welcome to my Warhammer 40,000 Catachan project log. I went out and brought my first box of catachan jungle fighters yesterday. Those lasguns are a nusence to put on :ireful2: Today I have managed to prime the models black. Tommorow I plan to give them all a green basecoat and then start working on all the flesh. I will be following this tutorial on the GW site shown below

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=600003&section=&pIndex=2&aId=12900007&start=3

So without further ado I give you the catachans. I plan to have these guys running through a swamp. I know how I am going to get the muddy water effect I am just unsure how to paint the ground area's any idea's

Thanks for looking guys, I apologise for the bad picture quality. There should be some more updates tommorow. Comments or feeback would be much appreciated. Are there any idea's you may have that you think I should include in this army

Skar

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@shanntitus Will do!

Okay time for an update. I've been hard at work trying to finish all the basecoats, this is the longest stage so as you can imagine it's taking quite a while. After this stage is done I'll start painting on the highlights.

The Undercoated Catachans

Got to work base coating

Few close up's to see whats going on

Thanks for looking guys. Comments and criticism are welcomed

Skar

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What colour did you use for the t-shirts? I like it. I usually use white but could do with something to mix it up a bit. A good start to an army my friend. Did you base all of them green? I would have thought that wasn't necessary for skin but the end result is good - I just thought it would have been time consuming really - not to detract from your work though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colour did you use for the t-shirts? I like it. I usually use white but could do with something to mix it up a bit. A good start to an army my friend. Did you base all of them green? I would have thought that wasn't necessary for skin but the end result is good - I just thought it would have been time consuming really - not to detract from your work though.
I plan to be highlighting the the T-shirts kommando khaki, dheneb stone and then skull white, so a little way to go yet

As for the green base coats, I used a pretty big brush and watered down my paints to a smooth consistancy so it didn't take to long. When I start painting large squads of guardsmen I think I will use an airbrush

Skar

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okat time for an update. I've been busy highlighting the faces and have started on the skin. All that is left to do after that will be the guns, trousers, vests and of course the bases

So without further ado

Here's the guy I am most proud of. I think the highlights came out really well

Thanks for looking guys. As usual leave your C&C and I will be happy to answer any quesions that you may have

Skar

·
Registered
548 Posts
liking them so far, sir. what's your method for skin? i haven't decided on one yet, curious as to what everyone else does!

oh, and paint some more to show us, please. will be looking forward to seeing more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts