Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word from Lady Atia is that were to expect An £80 skarbrand kit in the next week or two.
I know taus due soon, but I an see this being true as bloodbound lack their own mega monster.

·
Registered
176 Posts
But with the new Bloodthirster kit it's easy to make a skarbrand, would a character model for £80 sell when there's the Bloodthirster kit all ready out ? and plus the other gods need some loving too (tzeentch) would love to see a greater daemon.
I'm not saying this is bollox I have no inside knolage of releases but hopefully it's a mix up with a new greater daemon of tzeentch

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
well its totally feasible, simply take the existing blood thirster, add in a third sprue with some extra options and slap a tenner on the price, has happened before with larger models, i wouldnt expect a totally new sculpt. yes the other powers could use some love but with age of sigmar focused on khorne and nurgle at the moment i wouldnt get your hopes up for anything tzeentch .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
533 Posts
It surprised me when I heard it. I've got no doubt if they make it it'll be an outstanding kit but why wouldn't they have just made a third sprue for the bloodthirster with some tattered wings, a different head and a different pair of axes? Or just have Forgeworld make a conversion kit with the same parts. Either option seems like it would make more sense financially

I don't know, I'm not expert and it'll be nice to have a new kit.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
It surprised me when I heard it. I've got no doubt if they make it it'll be an outstanding kit but why wouldn't they have just made a third sprue for the bloodthirster with some tattered wings, a different head and a different pair of axes? Or just have Forgeworld make a conversion kit with the same parts. Either option seems like it would make more sense financially

thats simple, "money for old rope", one of GWs very founding principles has always been rehashing what they already have, but for this project its fairly straight forward, you task the designer to produce a bloodthirster kit that includes the option to make several variants and Skarbrand, you then run the sculpt through the computer and put all the skarbrand options onto one sprue and set that aside, you put everything else on to two sprues and package and sell it as a "bloodthirster" with some variants for £70, then when sales start to drop off, you put the third skarbrand sprue back in and sell it for £80 , people who bought the blood thirster then buy it again because they want skarbrand and people who want to buy a blood thirster will more likely go for the more expensive version because its got more in the box. Happened with the knight kit , and i wouldnt be too shocked if it were to happen again with the knight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thats simple, "money for old rope", one of GWs very founding principles has always been rehashing what they already have, but for this project its fairly straight forward, you task the designer to produce a bloodthirster kit that includes the option to make several variants and Skarbrand, you then run the sculpt through the computer and put all the skarbrand options onto one sprue and set that aside, you put everything else on to two sprues and package and sell it as a "bloodthirster" with some variants for £70, then when sales start to drop off, you put the third skarbrand sprue back in and sell it for £80 , people who bought the blood thirster then buy it again because they want skarbrand and people who want to buy a blood thirster will more likely go for the more expensive version because its got more in the box. Happened with the knight kit , and i wouldnt be too shocked if it were to happen again with the knight.
This exactly. I have faith in Atias information, and though she has said "a new named thirster kit" wasn't the updated imperial knight a "new model"?

I can however also see a new kit entirely. Aos is new and exciting, I can't see bloodbound being revisited any time soon because theyve had so much attention of late and they seem to be doing things in huge single waves.
The bloodbound lack a new big monster and a new named character, and no the bloodthirsyer does not count as he's for daemons.

Skarbrand however has been hinted at in the big AoS book, along with many other hints that came to fruit (slaughter priest, skull grinder, blood warrior standard bearer etc, sigmarine characters etc), so this backs a new kit of SOME sort.

I can se him getting his own new sculpt because why not, he's not just a bloodthirsyer and with three variants from one kit already it's easy to loose variety on the table top.
The fact that people can now field as many thirsters a as they like, would support the option to have a new looking one to lead them.

On a last note, itd slot nicely into 40K too which is surely wing revisited soon (tau I know, but it's still 40k).
Focker-out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If it's literally just adding a third sprue to the same bloodthirster box and selling it alongside the current kit that would make a lot of sense. Better for us too, I'd rather pay 70 for a standard bloodthirster than 80 and get extra Skarbrand bits I don't want

Then again, it wouldn't have been crazy to put all three sprues in originally and still sell for 70, but whatever

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It would be cool if the rumour is true, and to see a photo of it in WD. I'd bet the quality would be spiffy.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I love massive daemons. They're just so cool! He does look more like he's going to punch with those axes more than swing them though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love massive daemons. They're just so cool! He does look more like he's going to punch with those axes more than swing them though.
Your right about that, id be tempted to cut the axes away and re attach them to the hands so he's holding the hafts further down. I like his beard though, and that his head is more like my favourite headr I'm te regular thirsted kit. The dog heads are Uuuuuuuglay!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/222

There you are folks. He looks nice, but I'm not sure about him being worth the rumoured £80 price tag.
Gents, in cases like this, instead of posting a direct link to a competing site, can we please just copy the image's URL and post it here? I know it can be hard on a smart phone, but in that case just save the pic and attach it to the post. No point adding clicks to competitors. Thanks.

As for the mini, that is pretty fucking awesome. For some strange reason I thought of a very twisted and evil alternative to Santa when I saw the beard.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
A Daemon... with a beard. So what? We have Viking Daemons now?

Awful. Love the tattered wings, but the rest is awful.

LotN

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
A Daemon... with a beard. So what? We have Viking Daemons now?

Awful. Love the tattered wings, but the rest is awful.

LotN
See im the reverse, love the model but detest those wings, oh and the Axes just seem odd to me, they just feel they should be bigger, its like a giant wielding twin daggers. I just don't think they fit.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Mmmmm....I'm not sure if I think this model is cooler than the 'thirster released a little while back, if this one requires converting out of the box I might be able to make a cooler Skarbrand out of the other kit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/222

There you are folks. He looks nice, but I'm not sure about him being worth the rumoured £80 price tag.
Gents, in cases like this, instead of posting a direct link to a competing site, can we please just copy the image's URL and post it here? I know it can be hard on a smart phone, but in that case just save the pic and attach it to the post. No point adding clicks to competitors. Thanks.

As for the mini, that is pretty fucking awesome. For some strange reason I thought of a very twisted and evil alternative to Santa when I saw the beard.

My mistake, I was on my iPhone and I'm not very technically savvy!
Glad I'm not the only one who likes him though, he's more or less what I was wanting, though he'd have been nice with braids or dreads to form a mane like in some of the artwork.
Hahaa, him coming down your chimney would be so messed up :L

1 - 20 of 46 Posts